Each and every phone that a user buys has an IMEI number. IMEI basically stands for International Mobile Equipment Identity. The IMEI number is there on the phone in order to identify each phone uniquely. There is only one IMEI number on iPhones actually. The IMEI number becomes helpful in order to track the phone if a user loses it. This is why Apple tries in order to make it impossible to change the IMEI number of any iPhone. In this article, we are going to talk about How To Change IMEI Number On iPhone. Let’s begin!
When the cellular network detects the IMEI number of a phone, there are not many ways i order to change the IMEI number. There are a few things that folks can do to change the IMEI number, however, it is important to understand that there is no way to change the IMEI number of an iPhone permanently as well. It is only possible to change the IMEI number of an iPhone for a really short period of time.
How To Change IMEI Number On iPhone
Changing the IMEI number does not really offer too many advantages. Many risks come along with attempting this. If the user actually changes the IMEI number of their iPhone to the same IMEI number as another phone, then the phone will stop working. Furthermore, there are also possible legal boundaries that one might cross when they change their IMEI number. Well, changing the IMEI number will also end the warranty of the iPhone. Thus, one should weigh the possible reasons against the problems whenever they are looking to change the IMEI number on the iPhone actually.
In order to change the IMEI number in iPhones, one must first jailbreak their iPhone. The steps in the article are not possible in order to execute without jailbreaking your iPhone. Hence, it is important to learn how you guys can jailbreak the iPhone. When you do this, the following are the steps in order to change the IMEI number on an iPhone.
- First of all, you must determine the current IMEI number of your iPhone. This is a really simple process. The user actually needs to open the dialer of their iPhone and dial *#06#. Dialing this code will basically give the user along with the current IMEI number of their iPhones.
- After obtaining the IMEI number of your iPhone, you guys will now have to switch to your personal computer or laptop in order to proceed further
- On your PC or Laptop, just download a PC tool by the name of “Ziphone”.You need to download the PC tool
- The next step is just to open your iPhone in recovery mode. To do this, tap on the Home Button and the Power Button simultaneous. Keep on pressing till the Apple Logo actually appears on the screen. When this happens, immediately release the Home button. This will basically cause the iTunes logo will come on the screen along with wire right beneath it.
- When you are in this mode, then just connect your iPhone to your personal computer.
- On your PC, open the Ziphone folder and right-tap on while there. Choose the option to “Start Command Prompt Here”.
- Now in the Command Prompt window, then type in “ZiPhone”
- After this, just type “ziphone -u -i aIMEINumber” (Then type in the new IMEI Number you guys want for your iPhone in place of “IMEI Number”)
- Just after typing this, wait for 3-4 minutes for ZiPhone in order to complete the process. Then, reboot your phone, and also the process will be complete.
- Dial *#06# in the dialer on your iPhone in order to check the new IMEI number of your phone.
This is actually one of the most famous methods to change the IMEI number in iPhones temporarily. However, once again, remember to jailbreak your iPhone if you guys want to make sure that the process along with ZiPhone works perfectly.
There is also a less famous and less effective way in order to change the IMEI number on iPhone without even jailbreaking the iPhone. The following are the steps in order to do it.
Option 2 | IMEI Number On iPhone
Note: This step needs you to Jailbreak your iPhone, proceed along with caution.
- You have to follow steps number 4 and 5 from Method #1 to change the IMEI number in iPhones. It will permit you in order to open your iPhone in recovery mode.
- Just download the ZiPhone GUI application tool on your personal computer actually.
- You need to open the ZiPhone GUI application on your computer.
- Head To the Advanced Features Window on the application.
- Now find the option to “Fake IMEI” and then tap on this.
- After this, put in whatever new IMEI number you guys wish to input.
- Now tap on “Perform Action” in order to change the IMEI number on iPhone.
Option #2 does not need users to jailbreak their iPhones, however, it is also less effective. So it is really better to jailbreak your iPhone and then proceed along with Method #1 in order to change IMEI in iPhones. However, it is really important that users still realize that changing the IMEI number can actually cause a lot of problems on their iPhones. These problems can actually lead to the phone working altogether or even leaving the iPhone vulnerable to data breaches. Many times, it is even illegal to do this actually. Hence, users should only look to change their IMEI on iPhone after thinking about it considerably as well.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this article and also find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries and issues related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!