CWM Advanced Edition via famous XDA developer Philz3579 is basically the modified version of the original ClockworkMod Recovery. The Advanced Edition through Philz is actually the touch recovery, along with a number of features atop and a really cool UI. Philz Advanced CWM is also compatible along with a hefty list of devices including Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini’s 3 variants GT-I9190, GT-I9192, and also GT-I9195. If you have been looking for this recovery for your Galaxy S4 Mini. You have spotted the right place now as well. In this article, we are going to talk about Philz Touch CWM Recovery S4 and Many More. Let’s begin!
Some of PhilZ Touch 5 Recovery Features
- First, true JB 4.2 migration: toggle between /data/media and /data/media/0
- Browse phone along with root access via full GUI in Aroma File Manager
- Terminal access from recovery along with root access via Aroma File Manager
- Multi Zip Install menu: you have to check multiple zip files to install in a row
- Custom Install Zip Mode: set a default folder in order to start along with + browse backward up to the root
- exFAT + ext4 support in recovery for external sd as well
- TWRP backup and restore support, also include full md5 sum support
- Advanced statistics during backup operations shown in color as well.
PHILZ TOUCH RECOVERY INFO
|Version||6.15.6 based on CWM 6.x|
|Compatibility||Fully functional along with Android 4.4.x and below|
Warranty may be void of your device if you guys follow the procedures given on this page.
You only are responsible for your device as well. We won’t be liable if any damage basically occurs to your device and/or its components.
Philz Touch CWM Recovery S4 and Many More
The Philz Recovery given in the Downloads section supports all of these variants of Galaxy S4:
- S4 LTE,
- S4 Google Edition,
- US Cellular,
- Metro PCS,
- China Mobile, and
- Canadian Variants
Before you begin with the guide instructions below, then make sure your android device is adequately charged — at least 50% battery of the device as well.
CHECK DEVICE MODEL NO.
In order to make sure your device is eligible along with this, you must first confirm its model no. in the ‘About device’ option under Settings as well. Another way to confirm model no. is via looking for it on the packaging box of your device.
This procedure here will actually work for the following variants of Galaxy S4: LTE (GT I9505), Google Edition (GT-I9505G), C-Spire (SCH-R970X), China Mobile (GT-I9508), AT&T (SGH-I337), Cricket (SCH-R970C), T-Mobile, and Metro PCS (SGH-M919), Verizon (SCH-I545), Sprint (SPH-L720) and US Cellular (SCH-R970).
Other than the aforementioned variants, and this procedure here is also applicable for Canadian variants like Telcel, Bell, Rogers, and Telus (SGH-I337M) as well.
Just dO NOT use the procedures discussed here on any other variant of Galaxy S4 than the ones mentioned here actually. Such as (GT-I9500) or any other device of Samsung or any other company. You have been warned as well!
BACKUP YOUR DEVICE
Back up important data and stuff before you guys start playing around here. Just like there are chances you might lose your apps and app data (app settings, game progress, etc.), and also in rare cases, files on the internal memory, as well.
For help on Backup and Restore, then check out our exclusive page on that link right below as well.
INSTALL LATEST DRIVER
You must have a proper and working driver installed on your Windows computer to be able to successfully flash PhilZ Touch Recovery on your Galaxy S4 as well. In case you guys are not sure, then just follow the link below for a definitive guide for installing a driver for your Galaxy S4 on your PC actually.
Just download the Odin zip file and PhilZ tar.md5 file given below. Transfer both Odin and recovery tar files to a separate folder on your computer just in order to keep things tidy.
ODIN ZIP FILE
DOWNLOAD LINK | File name: Latest Odin3 v3.09.zip (951 KB) as well
Important Note: Back up important files saved on the internal SD card of your device. So just that in case a situation arises needing you to do a factory reset after flashing PhilZ Touch Recovery. That might delete the internal sd card too, and your files will remain safe on the PC.
- First, extract or Unzip the Odin zip file, Latest Odin3 v3.09.zip on your computer (via 7-zip free software, preferably) in order to get this file: Odin3 v3.09.exe
- Then move the PhilZ file, philz_touch_6.15.6-jflte.tar.md5, in the same folder in which you extracted Latest Odin3 v3.09.zip (Just for your convenience, that is). So, now you guys will have the following files in that folder:
- Odin3 v3.09.exe
- Then disconnect the Galaxy S4 from the PC if it is connected.
- Double-tap on the Odin3 v3.09.exe file in order to open Odin.
- Now boot your Galaxy S4 into Download Mode:
- Just power off your phone first and wait for 6-7 seconds after the display is off
- Tap and hold these 3 buttons together until you see Warning! screen: Volume Down + Power + Home
- Then tap on the Volume Up now to continue to Download Mode.
Further | Philz Touch CWM Recovery
- Now connect your Galaxy S4 to your PC. Odin window will show an Added!! message in the bottom left box. Odin’s screen would look like this:
If you do not get the Added! the message, here are some troubleshooting tips as well:
- Then make sure you have installed the driver for Galaxy S4 as said above.
- If you have already installed the driver, and then uninstall them and re-install back also.
- Now connect using a different USB port on your PC.
- Then try a different USB cable. The original cable that came along with your phone should work best, if not. Then try any other cable that’s new and of good quality.
- Now reboot the phone and PC and then try again as well.
- Then load the recovery file (Step 2) into Odin as instructed below:
- Then tap on the AP button on Odin and then select the philz_touch_6.15.6-jflte.tar.md5 file (from step 2). Your Odin window should look something just like the screenshot below:
- Now in the Options section of Odin, then make sure that the Re-Partition box is unchecked. (Auto Reboot and F. Now reset Time boxes remain checked, however, all other boxes remain unchecked.)
- Double-check the above two steps as well.
- Tap on the Start button in order to begin flashing PhilZ Touch Recovery on your Galaxy S4, and now wait until you see a PASS! message in Odin’s top left box as well.
- Whenever you get PASS! the message, your phone will restart automatically. You guys can then disconnect your phone from your PC.
- PhilZ Touch Recovery also has installed successfully on your S4 as well. In order to boot your Galaxy S4 into Recovery Mode:
- Just power off your phone first and now wait for 6-7 seconds after the display is off as well.
- Tap and hold these 3 buttons together: Volume Up + Power + Home as well.
If you see the FAIL message instead of the PASS in Odin’s top left box, that’s actually a problem. Just try this now: disconnect your Galaxy S4 from PC, close Odin, and delete the phone’s battery and just put it back inside in 3-4 seconds. You guys have to open Odin and then repeat from Step 5 of this guide again.
Also, If the device is stuck at setup connection or on any other process, then too, just try this. Disconnect your S4 from PC, close Odin, delete the phone’s battery, and put it back inside in 3-4 seconds. You have to open Odin and then repeat from Step 5 of this guide again.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this “Philz Touch CWM Recovery” article and also find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries and issues related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!