AirPods have now taken over the sound market just like a storm ever since its launch in 2016. Folks really love to invest in these devices primarily, due to the influential parent company, Apple, and also the high-quality audio experience. But, some technical issues might occur which can be easily resolved via resetting the device. Thus, in this post, we will also discuss how you can factory reset Apple AirPods. In this article, we are going to talk about How to Reset your AirPods Pro – User Guide. Let’s begin!
How to Reset your AirPods Pro – User Guide
Resetting the AirPods helps in order to renew its basic functioning and in order to get rid of minor glitches. Not only does it make the audio quality better actually. However, also helps in restoring the device connected to normal. Hence, you must know how can you reset AirPods, as and when required.
Why Factory Reset AirPods and AirPods Pro?
In most cases, resetting is actually the easiest troubleshooting option for a plethora of AirPod-related issues, such as:
- AirPods won’t connect to iPhone: Many times, AirPods actually begin acting up whenever syncing with the device that they were previously connected to. This could be a result of a corrupt Bluetooth connection between the two devices actually. Resetting the AirPods also helps refresh the connection as well as makes sure that the devices sync quickly and properly.
- AirPods not charging: There have also been incidents when AirPods won’t charge. Even after repeatedly connecting the case along with the cable. Resetting the device might also help fix this issue as well.
- Quicker battery drain: Whenever you spend so much money buying a top-notch device, then you expect it to function for a significant amount of time. However, many Apple users also have complained of quick battery drainage.
Reset AirPods or AirPods Pro
Hard reset or Factory reset also helps to restore AirPods settings to default i.e. The way they were whenever you first bought them. Here’s how you can reset AirPods Pro in reference to your iPhone as well:
- Click on the Settings menu of your iOS device and then choose Bluetooth.
- There, you guys will find a list of all the Bluetooth devices that are/were connected to your device as well.
- Click on the I icon (info) in front of the name of your AirPods e.g. AirPods Pro as well.
- Just choose to Forget This Device.
- Tap on Confirm in order to disconnect the AirPods from the device as well.
- Now just take both the earbuds and also put them firmly inside the wireless case.
- Close the lid and then wait for about 30 seconds before opening them again as well.
- Now, just tap and hold the round Reset Button at the back of the wireless case for almost about 15 seconds as well.
- A flickering LED that is under the hood of the lid will flash amber and then, white. Whenever it stops flashing, it means that the reset process is complete or not.
You guys can now connect your AirPods to your iOS device again and also enjoy listening to high-quality music. Read below in order to know more!
Connect AirPods to your Bluetooth device after a Reset?
Your AirPods must be within range to detect via your iOS as well as macOS device. Although, the range will differ from one BT version to the other as discussed in the Apple Community forum as well.
Option 1: With an iOS device
After the reset process is complete, you can then connect the AirPods to your iOS device as instructed:
- Just bring the fully charged AirPods close to your iOS device.
- Then a Setup Animation will appear, which will basically show you the image and model of your AirPods.
- Click on the Connect button for the AirPods to pair again along with your iPhone.
Option 2: With a macOS device
Here’s how you can connect AirPods to Bluetooth of your MacBook:
- When your AirPods have reset, then just bring them close to your MacBook.
- Then, just tap on the Apple icon > System Preferences.
- Next, tap on the Turn Bluetooth Off option in order to disable it. Your MacBook will no longer be discoverable as well as connected to the AirPods.
- Just open the lid of the AirPods case.
- Now tap on the round Reset/Set up button on the back of the case until the LED flashes white.
- Whenever the name of your AirPods finally appears on the MacBook screen, just tap on Connect.
Your AirPods will now connect to your MacBook, and also you guys can play your audio seamlessly.
How can I reset my AirPods without my phone?
AirPods don’t even need a phone to be reset. They only have to be disconnected from the phone in order to initiate the resetting process. When disconnected, the round setup button at the back of the case is just to be pressed until the LED under the hood flashes from amber to white as well. When you guys do this, then the AirPods would reset.
How do I reset my Apple AirPods?
You guys can reset Apple AirPods easily via disconnecting them from the iOS/macOS device. And then tapping on the setup button, until the LED flashes white.
Is there a way to hard reset or factory reset AirPods?
Yes, AirPods can also be hard reset via pressing and holding the setup button at the back of the wireless case whenever keeping the lid open. When the light flashes from amber to white, then you can be certain that the AirPods have reset as well.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this article and also find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries and issues related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!
Also See: How to Fix Spotify Won’t Open on Windows