The Sprint version of Samsung Galaxy S3 along with model number SPH-L710 has already receiving Android 4.4.2 KitKat update with firmware build number L710VPUDND8 as well. In this article, we are going to talk about Root Galaxy S3 Sprint SPH-L710 – User Guide. Let’s begin!
Samsung Galaxy S3 (Sprint) SPH-L710 users who actually have already installed their devices along with Android 4.4.2 KitKat, may root their devices via the tutorial below.
This tutorial basically uses CF-Auto-Root file released via Senior Recognized XDA-Developers, Chainfire. Now head over to the CF-Auto-Root main thread in order to learn more about the root method.
ROOT PACKAGE INFO
|Name||CF Auto Root One Click Tool|
|Stability||Stable without any issues.|
|Root Manager App||SuperSU. It manages root permissions for apps on the device.|
Warranty may be void of your device if you guys follow the procedures given on this page.
You only are responsible for your device actually. We won’t be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components as well.
Root Galaxy S3 Sprint SPH-L710 – User Guide
Before you guys begin with the instructions below, make sure that your android device is adequately charged — at least 50% battery of the device.
CHECK DEVICE MODEL NO.
In order to make sure your device is eligible with this, you guys must first confirm its model no. in ‘About device’ option under Settings. Another way in order to confirm model no. is through looking for it on the packaging box of your device. It must be SPH-L710!
Please know that this page is meant only for Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3 actually. Please DO NOT try the procedures given here on many other variants of the Galaxy S3 (that includes the S3 devices at AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon, US Cellular and International Ones) or on any other device of Samsung or any other company as well. You guys have been Warned!
BACKUP YOUR DEVICE
Back up necessary data and stuff before you start playing around here. Because there are chances that you guys might lose your apps and app-data (app settings, game progress, etc.). And in many rare case, files on the internal memory, too.
INSTALL LATEST DRIVER
You guys must have proper and working driver installed on your windows computer to be able to successfully root your Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3.
Download the CF Auto Root file given below and then transfer it to a separate folder on your computer (just to keep things tidy, that is).
CF AUTO ROOT FILE
DOWNLOAD LINK | File name: CF-Auto-Root-d2spr-d2spr-sphl710.zip (12.54 MB)
Important Note: Backup important files saved on internal SD card of your device. So that in case a situation arises requiring you to do a factory reset after you flash the CF Auto Root. That might delete internal sd card too, your files will remain safe on PC actually.
- Extract or Unzip the CF-Auto-Root file, CF-Auto-Root-d2spr-d2spr-sphl710.zip on your computer (via 7-zip free software, preferably). You’ll get the following files:
- Now disconnect the Sprint Galaxy S3 from PC if it is connected.
- Double-tap on the Odin3-v1.85.exe file to open Odin.
- You have to boot your Galaxy S3 SPH-L710 into Download Mode:
- Now power off your phone first. Wait for 6-7 seconds after display is off as well.
- Tap and hold these 3 buttons together until you guys see Warning! screen: Volume Down + Power + Home.
- Press Volume Up now ib order to continue to Download Mode.
- Now connect your Galaxy S3 to PC as well. Odin window will now show an Added!! message in bottom left box. Odin’s screen would look like this:
- If you guys don’t get the Added! message, then here are some troubleshooting tips:
- Make sure you guys have installed driver for Galaxy S3 as said above in ‘Before you begin..’ section.
- If you have already installed driver, then uninstall them and reinstall back as well.
- Connect via a different USB port on your PC.
- Try a different USB cable actually. The original cable that came with your phone should work best, if not, then try any other cable that’s new and of good quality.
- Now reboot your phone and PC and then try again.
- Load the firmware file (extracted in Step 1) into Odin as instructed below:
- Click on the PDA button on Odin and select the CF-Auto-Root-d2spr-d2spr-sphl710.tar.md5 file (from step 1). Your Odin window should look just like the screenshot below:
- Now in the Option section of Odin, you have to make sure that Re-Partition box is unchecked. (Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time boxes remain checked, while all other boxes remain unchecked actually.)
- Double check the above two steps. (Step 6 and Step 7)
- Press the Start button to begin flashing, and wait until you see a PASS! message in Odin’s top left box.
- When you get PASS! message, your device will restart automatically too. You can then disconnect your phone from PC.
If you see FAIL message rather than the PASS in Odin’s top left box, and that’s a problem. Try this now: disconnect your Sprint Galaxy S3 from PC, close Odin, delete phone’s battery. And then put it back inside in 3-4 seconds, open Odin and then repeat from Step 2 of this guide again.
Also, If device is Stuck at setup connection or on any other process, then too, try this as well. Disconnect your Sprint Galaxy S3 from PC, close Odin, remove phone’s battery and put it back inside in 3-4 seconds, then open Odin and then repeat from Step 2 of this guide again.
It may happen that your phone doesn’t automatically boot into recovery and also root your phone. In that case follow the following above procedure except that in Step 7, Auto Reboot option is un-checked and then the instructions below:
- Just pull out the battery and re-insert it.
- Boot your Sprint Galaxy S3 into Recovery Mode: tap and hold these 3 buttons together: Volume Up + Power + Home.
- Now, this will start the rooting process and will also reboot the phone automatically when the process is done.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this article and also find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries and issues related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!