More than a few Facebook Messenger users actually have had a hard time with media in their messages. Namely, it seems that Facebook Messenger is not sending pictures on Android actually. Not even after multiple tries. We made sure to help affected users in order to resolve this as fast as possible. In this article, we are going to talk about How to Fix Can’t Send Photos on Facebook Messenger Issue. Let’s begin!
This mostly happens when either the server has some issues, cache and data are choked up or if the date and time are not in sync as well. However, don’t you panic, as we are here to get you out of this problem and get your social media life back on track as well?
How to Fix Can’t Send Photos on Facebook Messenger Issue
There are more than a few reasons why Facebook Messenger won’t really send pictures on Android. The first one is server status, which might be down for all or some users actually. Plus, the local cache might get corrupted or time/date settings are not right as well.
Check for Permissions | Send Photos on Facebook
Facebook messenger not working can be frustrating as it is the next best thing after the Facebook App. This mostly happens when Facebook doesn’t have access to your internal storage or SD Card. Even users can many times dismiss the permission of storage access, absentmindedly. This could be the reason behind your Facebook Messenger not working properly and ignoring the media files as well.
In order to fix this, you will have to follow the below instructions:
- Head to Settings and look for Apps.
- Now, just navigate Manage Apps and find Facebook Messenger.
- Also, check whether you have granted all the permissions except for location, SMS, and Contacts related information. Make sure Camera & Storage access is granted as well.
Erase Cache and Data from the Messenger
If the Facebook Messenger app cache & data is corrupted then this can be the issue behind you not being able to share photos along with your friends via Facebook Messenger.
Deleting unwanted cache will basically fix the issue and make storage space for other important things. Also, deleting the cache doesn’t really delete your user ID and password.
Following are the steps in order to delete the Facebook Messenger cache:
- Head to Settings on your phone.
- Choose Apps and then go for Manage Applications.
- Now, just navigate Facebook Messenger and head to Storage.
- At last, erase the cache first and then Clear Data.
- Restart your Android and log in to your Messenger account again as well.
Reinstall the Messenger
Couldn’t post those pictures from last night’s party as Facebook Messenger isn’t allowing you in order to share or receive pictures online? Sad story, bro!
If all the above suggestions don’t really help, then reinstalling the app is also a great option in order to solve this problem. Steps in order to do so are jotted down below:
- Head to Settings and find Apps.
- Now look for All apps/ Manage Applications and choose Messenger.
- Uninstall the app from there and then erase all cache & data history.
- Head to Play Store and again install Facebook Messenger.
- Now rebooting your device is optional. When it is done, log in again.
- This may be able to Fix Can’t Send Photos on Facebook Messenger issue, and if not then continue along with the next method.
Check Date & Time Settings
If your date and time settings are not in sync, and then the Messenger application will not work properly. If Facebook Messenger is not working, then just check your time and date settings.
In order to check your time and data, just follow these instructions and set them correct:
- First, you have to navigate Settings and choose System or Additional settings.
- Now, you have to look for the Date & time option.
- Make sure to turn on the toggle next to “Automatic date & time“ as well.
- At last, Reboot your Android Device as well.
Check Secure Digital Card Settings (SD Card)
There are a lot of additional shields of system and security permissions when we deal along with external storage. If your SD card doesn’t fit correctly in the designated slot actually. Then you won’t be able to share photos on Facebook Messenger as well.
Many times, a virus-corrupted SD card can also be the issue behind this problem. So don’t take any risks; just make sure you have set the correct settings, as intended. You guys can try to replace your SD card along with another one, just to check if the issue is not with your SD card actually. Or else, you can just remove the SD card and clean dust via blowing air in the designated slot then again re-insert it. If nothing else works then you guys may have to format your SD card and try again as well.
Leave the Beta Program | Send Photos on Facebook
Are you guys a part of the Beta program for Facebook Messenger? Because if you are, then let me tell you, leaving is the best option. Although Beta Programs are great for getting the latest updates & features, however, these updates contain bugs. That can cause conflict along with the Messenger app. These new apps are unstable and might cause a problem as well.
If you are planning to leave the Beta program for Facebook Messenger, then just follow these instructions:
- Head to Play Store and search for Messenger.
- Nw keeps scrolling downwards until you guys find the words ‘You are in a beta tester section.
- Choose Leave and wait for your removal from the Beta program.
- Now, Reboot your device and then get yourself the latest version of Messenger as well.
Try an older version of Facebook Messenger
Well, someone rightly said, old is gold. An earlier version seems to be the only option when nothing works out. Roll backward if you have to, there is no harm. An older version of Messenger can resolve the can’t send Photos on Facebook Messenger issue too. Here are the steps to do that:
Note: Installing apps from third-party websites or sources is not really recommended. Only do this if nothing works but even then proceed along with caution.
- First of all, uninstall the Facebook Messenger App from your phone.
- Now, navigate to APK Mirror, or any other third-party website and then search for Facebook Messenger.
- Just download the older version APK which is not older than 2 months actually.
- Install the APK and ‘grant permission’ wherever needed as well.
- Just erase the cache and then log in along with your user ID and password.
Use the Lite Version of the App| Send Photos on Facebook
The lite version of the Facebook Messenger app is actually a low-key way in order to access Facebook. It works just the same but has a few downgraded features actually.
To install Facebook Lite:
- First, visit the Play store and Download Facebook Messenger Lite.
- Then after the installation process, enter your user ID and password.
- The app should work just as well as new one. Now you can relish sharing photographs and also media online.
Access Facebook via your Browser
You guys can always share photos via accessing Facebook through your browser. Although this is not a technical fix, it is more like an alternative actually. All you have to do is:
- First of all, visit the website www.facebook.com.
- Then enter your user ID & password and hit enter.
- I hope you haven’t forgotten to handle Facebook in an old-school way actually. Access your media and files through PC.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this article and also find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries and issues related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!