Well, I am a windows user just like most of the users out there. I faced an Error named Ss3svc32.exe. Well, we cannot call it an error, however, it is more like an annoying permission popup that appears almost everything whenever you try to log in. In this article, we are going to talk about How to Fix Ss3svc32.exe on Startup in Windows. Let’s begin!
This permission basically pop-up says Do you want to allow this app from an unknown publisher to change your device? It would actually help if you closed it whenever you guys logged in.
So, many users are annoyed by it, and there is also a rumor that it is actually a virus. Whenever I faced this issue, I checked the Microsoft forum and also did some research on my own. As a result, I came to know that it is not a virus but just a bug that started appearing after the windows update as well.
How to Fix Ss3svc32.exe on Startup in Windows
This problem is associated along with Sonic studio 3. Asus ROG actually develops sonic Studio 3, and it is mostly built-in with Asus motherboards.
If you guys are not Asus users or do not have Sonic Studio 3 on your PC. Then just scan your pc for malware as some malware has also the same name, and you can also detect them with a simple scan. If you guys have Sonic Studio installed on your PC, then just follow the steps below in order to eliminate the issue.
Uninstall Sonic Studio
This is actually the most basic way in order to get rid of this problem. If you don’t need Sonic Studio 3, then just uninstall it. Doing this will remove all the files related to Sonic Studio, and this way, you guys can also get rid of this error.
- First of all, just head to your search box and then search for Uninstall or remove programs.
- Tap on the first option from the search result.
- It will then open a new window. Here all the installed apps and features will also be available. Just simply search for Sonic studio 3, and after that. Tap on the uninstall button in order to remove the Sonic Studio completely from your PC.
Change the Filename
If you guys want to keep the Sonic Studio on your pc, then you can also change the file name and get rid of this popup.
- Tap on Windows key + R and then type the following,
- Now on the next window, Find the Ss3svc32.exe file in the folder and right-click on it.
- Select the Rename option and add any characters or symbols in the name and then save it.
Run Sonic Studio 3 as Administrator | Ss3svc32.exe on Startup
If the above method is not working for you then you can try to run Sonic Studio 3 as administrator so you can get all privileges. It could fix the ss3svc32.exe issue in Windows.
- First of all, open Windows Explorer.
- Then head to this path C:\Program Files\ASUSTeKcomputer.Inc\Sonic Suite 3\Foundation\
- Now search for ss3svc32.exe process in the folder and then right-click on it and open its properties.
- In properties, you need to switch to the “Compatibility” tab and tap on “Change Settings for all users”
- In the next windows, you guys can see “Run this program as Administrator”. Just tick this option and click the Ok and Apply button in order to save this setting.
Is SS3svc32.exe a virus?
Although SS3svc32.exe from Asus Sonic Studio is not a virus, now there are some reports of a similar-named file that has been tampered along with. Thus, it is advised to scan the file along with an antivirus program such as Windows Defender. You have to follow these steps:
- In the popup screen Do you guys want to allow this app from an unknown publisher in order to make changes to your device? Tap More Details.
- You have to take note of the exact file location.
- Just open Windows Explorer and then navigate to the file location.
- Right-tap on the executable and click Scan with Windows Defender…
Did you guys already click OK on the popup screen? It’s also possible to find the file location via Task Manager when the process is running:
- You need to open Task Manager
- Then head to tab Details
- Now locate SS3svc32.exe, right-tap, and then select Open File Location
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this article and also find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries and issues related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!