We really understand that it can actually be super annoying when your phone calls go straight to voicemail without ringing. You guys may have set a voicemail system on your Android mobile phone, but all your phone ringing is going straight towards voicemail. There may be various reasons behind this problem, and to assist you out, we have a guide that you can easily follow to fix Android phone calls that go straight towards voicemail. In this article, we are going to talk about How to Fix Android Phone Call Goes Straight To Voicemail. Let’s begin!
- 1 How to Fix Android Phone Call Goes Straight To Voicemail
- 1.1 Remove a Number from your Block List
- 1.2 Disable or Turn Off Do Not Disturb Mode | Straight To Voicemail
- 1.3 Disable Call Forwarding Settings
- 1.4 Disable Call Barring on your device | Straight To Voicemail
- 1.5 Turn off your Bluetooth Connection
- 1.6 Re-insert your SIM card | Straight To Voicemail
- 1.7 FAQs
- 1.8 Conclusion
How to Fix Android Phone Call Goes Straight To Voicemail
Your phone is going straight to your voicemail just because of your phone settings. When you enable the do not disturb mode on your mobile phone, all your phone calls go to your voicemail system. Oftentimes, your Bluetooth may be the exact reason why your phone calls are going straight to voicemail. Other settings for instance forward to voicemail, volume settings, call barring, and some of other such Settings may be really responsible for the problem on your mobile phone.
We are listing all of the possible solutions to fix Android phone call goes straight to voicemail issue. You can now easily follow these simple procedures.
Remove a Number from your Block List
If you accidentally block a mobile number, then your phone will not ring, and the user will actually not be able to call you. Oftentimes, the call might go to your voicemail. You can fix Android phone calls goes straight to voicemail by removing the mobile number from the block list.
- First of all, open the dial pad on your device.
- Tap on the hamburger icon as well as the three horizontal lines from the bottom of the screen. Some users will need to tap on the three vertical dots from the top of the screen in order to access the settings. This step will vary from phone to phone actually.
- Tap on Settings.
- Now open your Blocklist.
- Click on ‘Blocked numbers.’
- At last, tap on the number you wish to remove from your block list and then click on Unblock.
Disable or Turn Off Do Not Disturb Mode | Straight To Voicemail
If you guys turn on the do not disturb mode on your device, all your phone calls will head to your voicemail. Thus, you can check and also turn off the do not disturb mode from your device.
- Go to the Settings of your device.
- Then head to Sound and vibration.
- Tap on Silent/DND.
- At last, you guys can switch from DND to Regular.
Whenever you turn off the do not disturb mode on your device, then you will get regular calls, and the calls will not go to your voicemail.
Disable Call Forwarding Settings
If you guys enable the call forwarding feature on your device. Then your calls may also get forwarded to your voicemail system or another number. Hence, to fix phone calls going straight to voicemail, you can also disable the call forwarding feature on your device. But, not all Android devices support the call forwarding feature, however, if your phone support it, disabling it can also help fix the issue.
- First of all, open the dial pad on your phone.
- Tap on the hamburger icon as well as the three horizontal lines from the bottom. This option will vary from phone to phone, and many users will need to click on the three vertical dots from the top corner of the screen.
- Now, tap on Settings.
- Click on Call forwarding settings.
- Choose your SIM number if you have dual SIM cards.
- Then click on Voice.
- At last, turn off the ‘Always forward’ option from the list as well. You guys can also disable the other listed options that are: when busy, whenever unanswered, and whenever unreachable.
Disable Call Barring on your device | Straight To Voicemail
If you guys enable the call barring on your device, then you may also disable all incoming calls, outgoing calls, international outgoing calls, incoming calls whenever roaming, and other settings.
Call barring is a really great feature that permits you to disable the different types of calls suiting your needs. This feature is also good for parents who really have small kids who may make an international call via dialing a random number, and it may charge you some fee too. Hence, to fix Android phone call goes straight to voicemail, you guys can disable calls barring on your device.
- Just open your phone dial pad and tap on the hamburger icon from the bottom of the screen. Or the three vertical dots from the top corner of the screen, just relying upon your device.
- Head to Settings.
- Tap on Advanced settings.
- Now scroll down and click on Call barring.
- Choose your phone number if you guys actually have dual SIM cards on your device.
- At last, you can just disable call barring by turning off the toggle next to all incoming calls and all outgoing calls as well.
Turn off your Bluetooth Connection
A lot of time, your Bluetooth is actually the reason why your phone calls go straight to voicemail. The Bluetooth audio sometimes may not really switch back to the phone’s speaker. And your call may go straight to your voicemail then. Let’s see how you guys can disable it:
- Just pull down the Notification shade of your device through pulling it down from the top.
- Tap on the Bluetooth icon in order to disable it.
- Finally, just check if turning the Bluetooth off was able to fix the Android phone call goes straight to voicemail issue or not.
Re-insert your SIM card | Straight To Voicemail
If none of the above methods work for you, then you can re-insert your SIM card. Many times, your SIM card is the reason why your phone calls are going straight to voicemail actually. Thus, you can give it a try by re-inserting your SIM card.
- Just switch off your phone.
- Then carefully take out the SIM card.
- Just make sure the SIM tray is clean before you guys insert back your SIM card.
- Now after inserting your SIM card, power on your device and then check if it was able to fix the error on your device.
But, if you guys are getting service or network issues, call your network carrier. And you may also have to replace your SIM card. Many times, poor network on your phone may also be the reason why your phone calls are going to your voicemail as well.
Why does my phone go directly to voicemail?
Your phone goes directly to voicemail due to your phone settings. Your phone settings are responsible for phone calls to head to voicemail rather than ringing. You can easily check out the solutions we have also mentioned in our guide in order to fix phone calls going straight to voicemail.
Why do calls go straight to voicemail on Android?
Your calls may also go straight to voicemail on Android whenever you have the do not disturb mode on. When you turn on the DND mode on your device, then all your incoming calls may go to your voicemail as well. Another reason why your calls go to your voice mail is that you might enable the call barring on your device actually. The call barring feature permits users to disable all incoming or outgoing calls thereby forcing the calls to head to voicemail.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this article and also find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries and issues related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!
Also See: IDE Hard Drives vs. SATA: A Comparison
Leave a Reply