Windows 10 is basically an advanced Operating System loaded along with many features. But, sometimes you guys may also encounter some flaws as well as errors on your device. Well, one of such notorious problems that most of the users reported is ‘This app can’t run on your PC’. This error can actually affect a wide range of Windows apps on your device. It occurred whenever Windows does not permit applications on your device to run. In this article, we are going to talk about How to Fix This app can’t run on your PC Error. Let’s begin!
- 1 How to Fix This app can’t run on your PC Error
- 1.1 Create a New Administrator Account
- 1.2 Create a copy of the .exe file of the apps that you are trying to open
- 1.3 Update Windows Store
- 1.4 Activate App Sideloading feature | This app can’t run
- 1.5 Make sure that you have downloaded the right version of the app
- 1.6 Turn off the Shell Integration of Daemon Tools | This app can’t run
- 1.7 Conclusion
How to Fix This app can’t run on your PC Error
Create a New Administrator Account
Many users reported that they encounter this error more frequently on their devices as well. They actually encounter this error even whenever they try to open any Windows 10 applications. If this issue persists frequently, it could be a problem along with the user account. We have to create a fresh Administrator account actually.
- Tap on Windows Key + I in order to open Settings and then click on Accounts.
- Now navigate to Accounts > Family & Other Users.
- Tap on Add someone else to this PC under the Other people section.
- There you have to choose I don’t have this person’s sign-in information option.
- Choose to add a user without a Microsoft account.
- Just type the name and password for the newly created admin account.
- You guys will notice your newly created account in the Other user’s section. Here you have to select the new account and tap on Change account type button
- There you have to choose Administrator from the drop-down.
When you guys will switch the newly created account into an administrator account. Then hopefully, the ‘This app can’t run on your PC‘ error will be solved on your device actually. If with this admin account your problem is solved, then you just have to move all your personal files and folders to this account and use this account rather than the older one.
Create a copy of the .exe file of the apps that you are trying to open
If you guys are encountering a ‘This app can’t run on your PC‘ error frequently whenever opening a specific app on your device. Another workaround is also creating a copy of the .exe file of the specific app you guys want to open.
Just choose the .exe file of the app that you need to launch and copy that file and then create a copy version. Now you can tap on the copy .exe file in order to open that app. You guys may be able to access that Windows App. If you still experience the problem, then you can opt for another solution.
Update Windows Store
Well, another probable cause of this error is that your Windows Store is not really updated. Many users reported that because of not updating their Windows Store. They encounter a ‘This app can’t run on your PC‘ error whenever launching a specific app on their device.
- Just open the Windows Store app.
- On the right side tap on the 3-dot menu & then choose Download and updates.
- There you have to tap on the get Updates button.
Hopefully, you guys will be able to solve this error along with this method.
Activate App Sideloading feature | This app can’t run
Most of the time, this feature is enabled whenever we want to download Windows apps from other sources except for Windows Store. But, many users reported that their problem along with launching apps was solved along with this method.
- Tap on Windows Key + I to open the Settings app and tap on the Update & Security icon.
- Now from the left-hand menu, just tap on “For developers”.
- Then choose “Sideload apps” under the Use Developer Features section.
- If you guys selected Sideload apps or Developer mode and then tap on Yes to continue.
- Just see if you guys are able to Fix This app can’t run on your PC error, if not then just continue.
- Next, under the Use Developer Features section, you guys have to select “Developer mode“.
Now you guys may try opening apps and accessing your apps on your device. If the problem still persists, then you can go ahead and adopt the other method.
Make sure that you have downloaded the right version of the app
As we all know that there are basically two variants of Windows 10 – 32 bit and 64-bit versions. Most of the third-party apps developed for Windows 10 are dedicated to either one as well as other versions. Hence, if you are seeing a ‘This app can’t run on your PC’ error on your device. You have to check if you have downloaded the right version of your program. If you guys are using a 32-bit operating system, you have to download the app along with 32-bit version compatibility.
- Tap on Windows + S and then type system information.
- When the application is open, you then have to select the system summary on the left panel and choose System Type on the right panel.
- Now you have to check specific applications are of the right version as per your system configuration.
Many times if you guys are launching the app in compatibility mode solves this problem.
- Right-tap on the application and choose Properties.
- Now navigate to the Compatibility tab under Properties.
- Here you have to check the options of “Run this program in compatibility mode for” as well as “Run this program as an administrator”.
- You have to apply the changes and see if you’re able to Fix This app can’t run on your PC error on Windows 10.
Turn off the Shell Integration of Daemon Tools | This app can’t run
- You have to download Shell Extension Manager and then launch the .exe file (ShellExView).
- There you have to search and then find select “DaemonShellExtDrive Class”, “DaemonShellExtImage Class”, as well as “Image Catalog”.
- When you have selected the entries, tap on the File section and select the “Disable Selected Items” option.
- Hopefully, the problem would also have been solved.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this article and also find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries and issues related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!