Facebook messenger is actually a growing instant messaging platform that has been incorporating new features in order to grow its user base constantly. The latest addition that went viral is the ability in order to play games on messenger along with your friends on Facebook. In this article, we are going to talk about How To Delete Thug Life Game from Facebook Messenger. Let’s begin!
our friends. And a famous game among users is Thug Life, a real-time mafia simulator. That permits you to play in collaboration along with your friends on Facebook.
Sadly, the game also has gained a notorious reputation for sending constant unwanted notifications to its users which mostly ends up being counterproductive during work hours. Not to mention here the constant interruptions throughout your day. If you guys are someone who is fed up along with constant notifications from Thug Life and would love in order to remove the game from your Messenger. Then simply just follow the guide below.
What Does Thug Life Mean?
As it stands, apart from recognizing “Thug Life” on Facebook like a game in the messenger app. That it means, “a group of hip hop singers” that was actually spearhead via Tupac Shakur.”
Moreover, it’s is explained that “Thug Life” means a fight against all resilience and odds in order to succeed in life.
But, coupled along with the “Thug Life game on Facebook Messenger”. We can so say that “Thug Life means” a fight against all the odds that is against winning. Whenever playing it like a game along with your friends. If you guys have played the “Thug Life game” a few more times on Facebook you guys will understand the true meaning.
Where to remove the Thug Life game?
Well, the setting in order to disable the notifications from a game — such as Thug Life — was earlier available in the Messenger app only. However, recently, Facebook removed the setting from the Messenger app and then put them in the Facebook app.
So, try to turn them off from your Messenger app first. However, if you had updated the app(s) recently. Then hop on to the Facebook app and turn off the notifications for Thug Life or any such instant games from there.
Below, you guys will find both guides, however, we have given the Facebook app’s guide first along with a GIF and step-by-step guide as well. We also hope that helps you blocking thug life on your Messenger app.
How can you stop thug life notifications using the Facebook app
- Start via downloading the Facebook app on your device (iOS/Android). When you download, log in to your account and then click on the ‘Hamburger icon‘ (the one along with the three lines stacked horizontally) in the top right corner of your screen as well.
- Then click on ‘Settings & Privacy at the bottom of the menu.
- Now click on ‘Settings‘ to access your account settings.
- Click on ‘Instant Games‘.
- Make sure that the active tab is selected at the top of your screen. Scroll and choose ‘Thug Life‘ from this list.
- Tap on ‘Remove‘ at the top of the list in order to remove ‘Thug Life‘ from your messenger account.
- You guys will now be taken to the confirmation page. Now check the box for ‘Also delete your game history on Facebook‘ in order to remove your save files from Facebook as well.
- Click on ‘Remove‘ in order to confirm your selection.
And that’s it, Thug Life will now be removed from your Facebook and Messenger accounts. You then should now get a confirmation as shown below. Tap on ‘Done in order to go back to your home screen. Thug Life should now be removed from your account as well. This should actually stop the annoying constant notifications from the game.
How can you stop thug life notifications using the Messenger app
- Just open the messenger app on your device (iOS/Android). Click on your profile icon in the top left corner of your screen.
- Now just click on ‘Account Settings’.
- Scroll down and then tap on ‘Instant Games’.
- Click and select the ‘Active’ tab.
- Scroll down and choose ‘Thug Life’ by tapping on the circle beside it.
- Now click on ‘Remove’ at the top of your screen.
- Just check the box for ‘Also delete your game history on Facebook’.
- Click on ‘Remove’ in order to confirm your choice.
- Thug Life will now be removed from your account and then you should stop receiving notifications.
Still receive notifications?
If you guys are still receiving updates then it is likely because of Facebook’s revamp of the platform’s settings. A new option has been introduced via Facebook. That permits you in order to disable notifications from all the apps associated along with your account.
For Messenger users
- You have to open Messenger and tap on your profile in the top left corner of your screen.
- Now scroll down and then select ‘Account Settings.’
- Choose ‘Apps and Websites.
- Now under the ‘Games and app notifications’, you have to choose ‘No’.
- Then exit the settings.
You guys should now stop receiving notifications for Thug Life on your Facebook account.
For Facebook users
- Just open the Facebook app on your device and click on the ‘Menu’ icon in the bottom right corner of your screen.
- Now click on ‘Settings and Privacy.
- Choose ‘Settings’.
- Scroll down and then click on ‘Apps and websites.
- Now under the ‘Games and app notifications’ then choose ‘No’.
- Exit the settings screen via clicking on the back button or via using the back gesture on your device. Notifications for Thug Life should now be turned off for your Facebook account as well.
How can I unlink a game from Facebook?
- Tap on the menu arrow on the top right corner of your Facebook screen.
- Then tap “Account Settings” from the drop-down menu.
- Press “Apps” on the left side of the screen.
- Tap on the “X” to the right of the game you want to remove from your Facebook account. A confirmation dialog appears as well.
- Tap on the “Remove” button.
Facebook games that don’t send annoying notifications
While instant games are a really great way to have fun with your friends virtually. Most of them are heavily monetized actually. And though Facebook is doing its best in order to regulate the platform, new and upcoming developers try to circumvent these regulations via a lot of techniques. And fill their instant games along with ads, notifications, and also in-app purchases. This basically helps better monetize the apps and earn more money however, in turn, also delivers a horrible user experience.
Facebook is trying its best to get a handle on the situation however, many data leaks and unethical practices seem in order to get through their seams constantly. Thankfully, the company has now moved instant games to their Facebook app and has also removed them from Messenger altogether. If you guys still want to play some games virtually along with your friends on Facebook. Then here are some titles that you can try that do not put your data at risk or send constant notifications as well.
- Words With Friends
- Ludo King
- 8 Ball Pool
- Draw Something
- Quiz Planet
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this article and also find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries and issues related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!