Well, since its launch in 2015, the Discord application has also been regularly used via gamers for communication purposes as it is user-friendly as well as straightforward. The benefit of using Discord is that it enables users in order to chat over voice or text to people. No matter what corner of the world they actually live in. Discord was basically developed for easy communication between individuals whenever playing PC games together. The service permits clients in order to create servers, that consists of a variety of text and voice channels as well. A typical server may also have flexible chat rooms for particular themes as well. (Such as, “General chat” and “Music discussion”) as well as voice channels for games or activities also. In this article, we are going to talk about How to Uninstall Discord in Windows. Let’s begin!
In spite of all these features, uninstalling the Discord application is actually a sensible choice. If you guys decide to switch over to many other platforms. Furthermore, there is no use in keeping a rarely used program in your system as well. However, Discord is a stubborn program as many users have complain that this application cannot uninstall many times even after multiple attempts.
Sometimes it may also appear that Discord has been uninstalled. However, it still lurks on the PC in some other file location, that is unknown to the user as well. Thus, whenever they attempt to delete Discord, it also shows no file in the mentioned location. So, if you guys are looking to uninstall Discord, then you are at the right place as well.
- 1 How to Uninstall Discord in Windows
- 1.1 Uninstall Discord From Apps & Features
- 1.2 Delete Discord from the Registry
- 1.3 Uninstall Discord From Control Panel
- 1.4 Use Uninstaller Software to Permanently Uninstall Discord
- 1.5 Steps
- 1.6 Fix Unable to Uninstall Discord on Windows 10
- 1.7 Delete Discord Account
- 1.8 Conclusion
How to Uninstall Discord in Windows
Common issues that users face whenever uninstalling Discord:
- Discord starts automatically, in spite of all of its documents, folders, and also registry keys having been deleted as well.
- Also, discord can’t be really found on the programs list of Windows Uninstallers as well.
- Also, discord can’t be moved to Recycle Bin as well.
- Associated files and extensions of the program still also show up on the internet browser after uninstalling it.
In order to stay away from these potential issues during the deletion. You guys should take reliable action along with complete steps to completely uninstall Discord on Windows 10.
Through Task Manager
- Tap on Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys together in order to launch Task Manager.
- Just switch to the Startup tab in the Task Manager.
- You have to search for Discord in the list then click on it. Whenever Discord is highlighted, tap on the Disable button.
- This will turn off the auto-run of the Discord application on Windows startup.
Through Discord Settings
Just open Discord and then navigate to User Settings > Windows Settings. Then disable the toggle for ‘Open Discord‘ that is under System Startup Behaviour.
Uninstall Discord From Apps & Features
- Tap on Windows Key + S in order to bring up the search menu and then type Apps in the search.
- Now, tap on the first option, Apps & features.
- You have to search for Discord in the list and choose Discord.
- At last, click on Uninstall.
This will basically uninstall Discord on your Windows 10 PC. However, even after uninstallation, there are still some leftover files of Discord cache present on your system actually. If you guys want to delete the Discord cache from the system, just follow the below steps:
- Press the Windows Search box and type %appdata%.
- Tap on Open from the right-hand side window as well. This will basically open the AppData/Roaming folder.
- Now under the Roaming folder, just find and click on the Discord folder.
- Right-click on the Discord folder and then choose delete from the context menu.
- Next, just open the Search box (Press Windows Key + S) again and then type %LocalAppData%. Tap on Open from the right-hand side window.
- You have to find the Discord folder under the AppData/Local folder. Then just right-click on the Discord folder and choose Delete.
- Now restart your system and now discord files will be deleted.
Delete Discord from the Registry
When you delete the Discord cache, you have to delete the Discord Registry keys from the Registry Editor.
- Tap on Windows Key + S to bring up the Windows search and then type Regedit and tap on Open.
- Open the Registry Editor and just follow this path:
- Now right-click on the Discord folder and then delete it
- You have to restart your computer in order to save changes.
Uninstall Discord From Control Panel
- Well, on the far left of Windows 10’s taskbar, tap on the search icon.
- Just type Control Panel as your search input.
- Now navigate to Programs that we follow via Programs and Features.
- Now, just use the search panel and then find Discord in the menu list.
- There, tap on Discord and choose Uninstall.
Also, even if you uninstall discord from Control Panel, it is still actually visible under Apps & features. You have to follow the below steps in order to delete discord from Apps & features.
Use Uninstaller Software to Permanently Uninstall Discord
If you guys still could not delete Discord permanently, then just try using an uninstaller software to do this. These comprise programs that basically take care of almost everything. Well, from deleting all Discord files permanently from your system in order to Discord references from the file system as well as Registry.
Some of the best uninstaller software for your PC are:
- iObit Uninstaller
- Wise Program Uninstaller
- Revo Uninstaller
- Advanced System Optimizer’s Uninstall Manager
- You have to install Revo Uninstaller from the official website through clicking on FREE DOWNLOAD
- Now, search for discord application in the list and tap on Uninstall from the top menu.
- Here, just tap on Continue in the confirmation prompt.
- The Revo Uninstaller will actually create a restore point. Here, just tap on Uninstall Discord.
Note: After step 4, the uninstall level will actually be automatically set to moderate.
- Now, tap on the Scan button in order to display all the discord files in the registry.
- Next, tap on Select all followed via Delete. Tap on Yes in the confirmation prompt.
- All the remaining Registry discord files we can actually find via Revo Uninstaller. Now, tap on Select all> Delete> Yes (in the confirmation prompt) in order to remove discord files entirely from the system. Make sure the discord files are present in the system via repeating the same procedure. A prompt will also display. So if the program does not really exist in the system.
- Restart your PC in order to save changes, and all the discord files will delete.
The interaction, speed, as well as quality of uninstallation and also cleanup in the same programs may change. But, it is most of the time intuitive and justifiable, as vendors design these types of programs in order to address clients’ issues with a lot of PC experiences.
Fix Unable to Uninstall Discord on Windows 10
Use the Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter
The Microsoft team is also aware of the fact that install and also uninstall issues are really common. Thus they have created a tool that is called Program Install and Uninstall tool.
Thus, if you face any challenges whenever uninstalling the Discord application from your system. You have to download and open Microsoft Program Install and Uninstall tool.
Run an Antivirus scan
Some types of malware might also be avoiding you from uninstalling programs from your PC. This may also be as they install malicious tools themselves on your PC.
These malware tools make sure that the user cannot delete the programs you guys have installed on your PC. To solve this problem, just run a full system antivirus scan. When you complete the antivirus scan, these malware tools disable. And hence your computer becomes capable of deleting Discord files from your system as well.
Delete Discord Account
In order to delete your Discord account, you guys must move the ownership of the servers you own. If you just try to delete your account before doing so, a warning will then show up. As soon as you guys move the ownership of the servers, you will be able to proceed along with the Discord account deletion.
- You have to open Discord and then click on the Gear icon (Settings) from the bottom-left corner.
- Now from the left-hand menu, just tap on My Account under User Settings.
- Now under My Account, scroll to the bottom and then tap on the Delete Account button.
- A confirmation window will then pop up, that is requesting your password as well. Just type your Discord account password and then just tap on the Delete Account button again.
And that is just all for this problem! When you do that, your account will actuallyhave a Pending deletion state and then will delete in 14 days. If you guys try to log in to the account within these 14 days, a dialog box will then pop up, asking if you guys want to restore your account as well.
- Tapping, I am sure! will keep your account still in this state.
- Clicking Restore Account will then stop the deletion process, and now your account will be restored.
When the account is deleted, the user can no longer access his Discord account as well. The profile will then be set to default, and the username will also change to Deleted User #0000.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this article and also find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries and issues related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!
Also See: How to Mass Delete Facebook Friends