Well, if your PC is crashing frequently either on Startup or whenever using Windows. Then don’t worry as today we are going to discuss how you can fix this issue. Well, the issue is not limited to crashing as many times your Windows 10 will freeze randomly. Or it will also crash showing you guys the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) error message actually. In any case, we will see what actually causes the issue. In this article, we are going to talk about How to Fix Windows 10 Crashes Randomly. Let’s begin!
There can also be a lot of reasons that are responsible for crashing Windows 10 randomly. However, a few of them are faulty RAM, actually a loose connection of RAM, faulty power supply, drivers conflict, corrupted as well as outdated drivers, overheating issues, also overclocking, bad memory, faulty Hard disk as well. So without even wasting any time let’s see how you guys can actually Fix Windows 10 Crashing Randomly with the help of the below troubleshooting guide.
- 1 How to Fix Windows 10 Crashes Randomly
- 1.1 Perform Clean Boot
- 1.2 Turn off Fast Startup | Windows 10 Crashes
- 1.3 Run Driver Verifier
- 1.4 Run SFC and CHKDSK
- 1.5 Run Memtest86+ | Windows 10 Crashes
- 1.6 Run DISM (Deployment Image Servicing and Management)
- 1.7 Update Graphic Card | Windows 10 Crashes
- 1.8 Temporarily Disable Antivirus
- 1.9 Clean Memory Slot | Windows 10 Crashes
- 1.10 Repair Install Windows 10
- 1.11 Conclusion
How to Fix Windows 10 Crashes Randomly
Perform Clean Boot
Many times 3rd party software can conflict along with Windows and can also cause issues. In order to Fix Windows 10 Crashing Randomly Issue, you have to perform a clean boot on your PC and diagnose the issue step by step as well.
Turn off Fast Startup | Windows 10 Crashes
- Tap on Windows Key + R and then type control and click on Enter to open Control Panel.
- Now tap on Hardware and Sound and then click on Power Options.
- Then from the left window pane, just choose “Choose what the power buttons do.“
- Now tap on “Change settings that are currently unavailable.“
- Then uncheck “Turn on fast startup” and tap on Save changes.
Run Driver Verifier
This method is only useful if you guys can log into your Windows normally not really in the safe mode. Next, you need o make sure in order to create a System Restore point.
Run SFC and CHKDSK
- Tap on Windows Key + X and then click on Command Prompt(Admin).
- Now type the following in the cmd and click on enter:
Sfc /scannow sfc /scannow /offbootdir=c:\ /offwindir=c:\windows (If above fails then try this one)
- You have to wait for the above process in order to finish and once done restart your PC.
- Next, just run CHKDSK from here Fix File System Errors along with Check Disk Utility(CHKDSK).
- You need to let the above process complete and again reboot your PC in order to save changes.
Run Memtest86+ | Windows 10 Crashes
- You have to connect a USB flash drive to your system.
- Now download and install Windows Memtest86 Auto-installer for USB Key as well.
- Then right-click on the image file which you guys just downloaded and choose the “Extract here” option.
- When extracted, open the folder and now run the Memtest86+ USB Installer.
- Select you’re plugged in a USB drive, in order to burn the MemTest86 software (This will basically format your USB drive).
- When the above process is finished, insert the USB to the PC that is crashing randomly.
- Now just restart your PC and make sure that boot from the USB flash drive is selected.
- Memtest86 will then begin testing for memory corruption in your system.
- If you guys have passed all the tests then you can make sure that your memory is working correctly.
- If some of the steps were unsuccessful and then Memtest86 will find memory corruption. That actually means Windows 10 Crashing Randomly Issue is due to bad/corrupt memory.
- Then in order to Fix Windows 10 Crashing Randomly Issue, you will have to replace your RAM if bad memory sectors are found.
Run DISM (Deployment Image Servicing and Management)
- Tap on Windows Key + X and choose Command Prompt(Admin).
- Then type the following command in cmd and then tap on entering after each one:
a) Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth b) Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth c) Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- Now let the DISM command run and then wait for it to finish.
- If the above command doesn’t really work then just try on the below:
Dism /Image:C:\offline /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:c:\test\mount\windows Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:c:\test\mount\windows /LimitAccess
Note: Just replace the C:\RepairSource\Windows along with the location of your repair source (Windows Installation or Recovery Disc).
- You have to reboot your PC in order to save changes and see if you guys are able to Fix Windows 10 Crashing Randomly Issue.
Update Graphic Card | Windows 10 Crashes
- Just click on Windows Key + R and then type “devmgmt.msc” (without even quotes) and click on enter in order to open Device Manager.
- Next, just expand Display adapters and right-click on your Nvidia Graphic Card, and then choose Enable.
- When you guys have done this again right-click on your graphic card and choose “Update Driver Software.“
- Choose “Search automatically for updated driver software” and then just let it finish the process.
- Now if the above step was able to fix your problem then really good, if not then just continue.
- Again choose “Update Driver Software”, however, this time on the next screen choose “Browse my computer for driver software.“
- Now just choose “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.”
- At last, select the compatible driver from the list for your Nvidia Graphic Card and then tap on Next.
- Now let the above process finish and restart your PC in order to save changes. After updating the Graphic card driver you guys may be able to Fix Windows 10 Crashing Randomly Issue.
Temporarily Disable Antivirus
- You have to right-click on the Antivirus Program icon from the system tray and then choose Disable.
- Next, just choose the time frame for which the Antivirus will remain disabled as well.
Note: Select the smallest amount of time possible such as 15 minutes or 30 minutes.
- When you do that, again try to navigate around and then check if you guys are able to Fix Windows 10 Crashing Randomly Issue.
Clean Memory Slot | Windows 10 Crashes
Note: Don’t just open your PC as it may void your warranty. If you guys don’t know what to do please take your laptop to the service center as well.
Just try to switch RAM in another memory slot and then try using only one memory and then see if you guys can use the PC normally. Also, you need to clean memory slot vents just to make sure and again check if this fixes the issue. After this, you need to make sure to clean the power supply unit as generally dust settles on it which can actually cause random freezes as well as crashes of Windows 10.
Repair Install Windows 10
This method is the last resort as if nothing works out then this method will surely repair all the problems along with your PC and will Fix Windows 10 Crashing Randomly Issue. You have to repair Install just uses an in-place upgrade to repair issues along with the system without even deleting user data present on the system.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this article and also find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries and issues related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!
Also See: How to Zoom Out on PC – User Guide