Torrent sites like Yify are frequently the targets of takedowns by governments and copyright holders. But you can still download your favorite content with these proxies and mirror sites. Of course, you also need to stay safe when torrenting. So In this article, we are going to talk about Best Yify Proxy Mirrors and Torrents – Tutorial. Let’s start!
Yify, also known as YTS torrents now, is one of the biggest, most popular torrenting websites globally. A one-shop stop for excellent content at smaller sizes, including all the latest movies, music, and videos, it is no wonder the number of Yify users keeps increasing and returning. However, as a torrenting website, it’s always in danger of shutting down for copyright infringement. Luckily for you. There are many proxies and mirror sites available to help you retain access to all the movies, shows, and also videos that you love.
In this guide, we are going to start by touching briefly on why you should always use a VPN when you torrent and give you our suggestions for the best VPNs to use. Then, we’ll provide you with a linked list of the best, (currently) working proxies and mirror sites. Finally, we will talk about how to use a VPN with Yify to stay safe and secure.
Before torrenting, get a VPN | yify proxy
Before we begin, it’s crucial to say this: always use a VPN when you torrent.
For years now, torrenting sites have attracted the attention of copyright trolls and lawyers from Hollywood studios and TV networks. Many torrenting websites, including the original form of Yify, have shut down as a result – but these legal troubles can impact users, as well.
Since your ISP can “see” what you do online, they can track and keep a record of your activity. Do a quick Google search, and you will find plenty of examples of torrent users who have gotten legal notices. Had their internet connection severed by their ISP or been dealt with fines and more. If you connect to the internet through a VPN first, though, all your activity – and your identity – becomes hidden in a protective “wrap” of encryption, making it nearly impossible to trace your torrenting back to you.
Disclaimer: We do not condone breaking the law here at Addictive Tips. Downloading torrents is a public act that opens your IP address up to being tracked by copyright holders, which can lead to users being identified and prosecuted for breaching copyright laws, including fines or prison time.
Qualities to look for | yify proxy
Once you admit the need for a VPN, you can start looking – or can you? There are a lot of providers and even more information out there. So before you run off, take a look at some qualities we put together to keep an eye out for. We did not just pull these out of a hat. Either – these are tested qualities that only the best VPNs will have.
- Privacy provisions – One of the biggest reasons to get a VPN is to keep your identity and activity hidden. Strong encryption, with DNS leak protection and automatic kill switch, does that.
- Speed – VPNs have a reputation for slowing down internet speeds for reasons related to the last quality. When you’re downloading and streaming, this is the last thing you want. All of these VPNs have been tested and shown worthy.
- Network size – A large network gives you more options. Having trouble with one server? Switch to another. Or another.
- Logging policy – Part-and-parcel with encryption, any records maintained on your activity could be pulled. So a strict zero-logging policy should be non-negotiable.
Top VPNs to stay safe while using Yify torrents
With that out of the way, these are the VPNs we suggest most highly if you plan on using Yify, any of its proxies or mirrors, or any torrent site for that matter.
ExpressVPN | yify proxy
ExpressVPN came in right at the top for speeds across all providers we tested. They have got a lot of things going for them, so it is easy to see why. With a big network of more than 3,000 servers across 94 countries, ExpressVPN has plenty of servers available to you. No speed caps, no throttling, unlimited bandwidth, and zero restrictions on P2P or torrenting means you can stream and download buffer-free and fast. And if you are not convinced you’re on the fastest server, then you can use their built-in speed test to make sure.
ExpressVPN has great security, too. Military-grade 256-bit AES encryption gives you 5 protocols to choose from so you can learn in either direction toward speed or security. Plus, a solid zero-logging policy, DNS leak test, and automatic kill switch ensures you’re activity and data are kept private.
ExpressVPN is also exempt from the Five, Nine, and Fourteen Eyes surveillance agreements and lies outside U.K. jurisdiction – so if you’re reading this from the Kingdom, don’t sweat it. Nothing’s recorded, but even if it was, ExpressVPN isn’t beholden to their requests.
- SPECIAL OFFER: 3 months free (49% off – link below)
- Super fast, reliable connection
- Secure encryption & VPN protocols
- No personal information logs kept
- 24/7 Chat Support.
- High cost for month-to-month users.
NordVPN | yify proxy
NordVPN is a true industry titan, with a network spanning over 5,500 servers in 58 countries and counting. It has a lot of appeal to power users, with advanced settings capable of blasting past the toughest geo-blocks and other firewalls. Just one aspect of this is their specialty servers. Their use-cases range from servers dedicated to Onion over VPN for ultimate anonymity, to simply Obfuscated servers that hide the fact that you are using a VPN. But most interestingly, one type of specialty server NordVPN offers is specifically dedicated to P2P networks for torrenting and other downloading. So you are about guaranteed strong, efficient security there.
NordVPN has one of the most complete zero-logging policies in the industry. Couple that with their 256-bit encryption, custom DNS settings, DNS leak test, and more – and you’ve got the makings of a complete online-privacy package.
They’re also available across a wide variety of devices, with the ability to connect to as many as 6 devices at once.
Read our full NordVPN review.
- Unblocks American Netflix
- Over 5,400 servers in 61 countries
- Torrenting is explicitly permitted
- Strict zero-logs policy on both traffic and metadata
- 24/7 Chat Support.
- Some servers can be slow and unreliable
- Apps can sometimes be slow to connect.
CyberGhost | yify proxy
CyberGhost is perfect for beginners right from the get-go. Installation is fast and easy, and on launching the app you get a colorful, minimalist display. From here, it stays easy to use – you are present with 6 preset profiles. And when you click on the one you get the best settings for that use-case. One of these is labeled “Torrent Anonymously”, giving it the best settings for using Yify. But if you’re interested in using your VPN for other cases, you can also surf anonymously. Unblock streaming and basic websites, protect your Wi-Fi connection, and choose your server – each with a single click.
For extra security – important when torrenting – you can turn simple toggles on for each profile and block malicious websites, ads, and online tracking, as well as compress data, automatically redirect to HTTPS and boost your speed. And speaking of security, CyberGhost offers you 256-bit AES encryption, connection guard, and automatic kill switch, too.
CyberGhost has a vast network of 5,500+ servers in 80 countries, giving you the infrastructure that supports unlimited bandwidth, no speed caps or throttling, and high connection speeds, too. Finally, an immaculate logging policy keeps your activity the way it should be – private.
Read our full CyberGhost review.
- Works with Netflix, iPlayer, Amazon Prime, Hulu
- Torrenting allowed
- 2,048-bit RSA keys and SHA256 authentication
- Private: Strong no logs policy
- 24/7 Live Support.
- IPv6 WebRTC leak in macOS
- Can’t unblock some popular streaming sites.
How to use Yify with a VPN | yify proxy
Since you should use a VPN before you start torrenting, it pays to know how to do so. The good news is – it’s easy. Just follow these quick steps:
- Pick a VPN provider and visit their web page (we recommend one of the 5 above). Once there, sign up on their “plans” page and fill out the info requested.
- Now that you are signed up, download and install the VPN application to your chosen device. If you are using a mobile device, you may have to download the app from your device’s app store (i.e. Android’s Google Play Store, etc.). Follow the link directly from your VPN provider to avoid any fakes.
- Next, open your web browser and visit ipleak.net. The page will automatically run an IP address lookup, which displays in a box near the top. Take note of your IP address (the digits near the top of the box).
- Now launch your VPN app and sign in using the credentials you made when you signed up. Most VPNs will automatically connect you to the fastest server available.
- Once the connection to the VPN server has resolved (usually within a few moments), open your web browser back up and visit ipleak.net again. The IP address should have changed. If it has not, return to your VPN try reconnecting to the same or a different server.
- Once you have confirmed that your IP address has changed and you are connected to your VPN. You are good to start torrenting. Just go to the official site or one of the proxies or mirrors and enjoy it.