Well, the operating system will not allow you guys to make changes in certain system critical registry keys. Nevertheless, if you really want to make changes even in such registry keys. Then you will have to take full control of these keys before Windows will allow you in order to make as well as save the changes. In this article, we are going to talk about How to Fix Cannot Create Value Error Writing to the Registry. Let’s begin!
Generally, this error occurs due to the system-protected Keys and when you tried to access them. You guys will then definitely get this error. Before you even open the registry editor as admin, the first backup your Windows registry and then just create a system restore point (Very Important). Next, you need to navigate to the registry key where you guys really want to make the change.
How to Fix Cannot Create Value Error Writing to the Registry
- You have to close this error dialog box and right-tap on the registry key where you want to make the changes and then tap on Permissions.
- Now, in the Permissions box, under its sole security tab, highlight your own Administrators account. As well as user account and then check the box under Full Control – Allow. If it is checked then just uncheck the deny box.
- Tap Apply and then OK. If it still doesn’t work and you guys get the following security warning – Unable to save permission changes, then do the following:
- You have to open the Permissions windows again and then tap on the Advanced button instead.
- And tap on change next to the Owner as well.
- Do you guys see another owner like say, Aditya as well as anything other than your account? If so, then change owner to your Name. If not then type the user name of your account and then tap check name. Then just choose your name. Tap on Apply and then OK.
- Next, you need to check “Replace owner on subcontainers and objects”. And then just check “Replace all child object permission entries along with inheritable permission entries from this object”. Tap on Apply and then click OK.
- NOW again in the Permissions box, which is under its sole security tab. You have to highlight your own Administrators account and then check the box under Full Control – Allow. Tap on Apply and then OK.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this article and also find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries and issues related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!
Also See: How to Restore the Old YouTube Layout