The User Interface design of YouTube has now changed a lot of times in the past few years. YouTube has undergone a variety of UI appearance changes as compared to many other Google sites or apps. With almost every change, a new feature gets added and implemented as well. Many users love the added feature, however, others don’t. So, in such scenarios, there is always the option in order to restore to the old YouTube layout. In this article, we are going to talk about How to Restore the Old YouTube Layout. Let’s begin!
Are you not happy along with the new interface and want to revert to the earlier one? We actually bring to you a perfect guide that will definitely help you in order to restore the old YouTube layout.
How to Restore the Old YouTube Layout
Many users still don’t really like the current YouTube layout. They basically complain the new design does not perform as well on non-Chromium browsers as well. Users don’t really like the fact that Google did not transfer a lot of features from the old layout to the new one. That’s why many users are thinking about how they can bring back the old layout actually.
Over the years, users have also come up along with different methods to achieve that. However, the bad news is that Google is quickly catching up along with those workarounds and always finds a way in order to block them. Also, many users used to tweak the YouTube script for storage as well as cookies and then replace the PREF value with f6=8. However, this method no longer works actually.
Officially, Google does allow any troubleshooting methods in order to restore the old version of its sites. The below steps may also prove to be useful for a few versions of YouTube. However, as of 2021, these steps don’t really seem to work for most of the users.
Just don’t worry, there is another way to tackle this problem. You guys can use the Try Improve YouTube Chrome extension as it’s a more viable alternative as well. Although it does not fully restore the old YouTube site on your device. It does help you guys convert the User Interface of YouTube to a less complicated and also more user-friendly layout as well.
Steps | Restore the Old YouTube
Now let’s see how you can restore the old YouTube layout via Chrome developer tools:
- You have to launch the YouTube website via clicking here. The Home page of YouTube will be displayed on the screen as well.
- There, just tap and hold Control + Shift + I keys simultaneously. A pop-up window will then appear on the screen.
- In the top menu, you will see a lot of options such as Sources, Network, Performance, Memory, Application, Security, as well. Here, just tap on Application as depicted below.
- Now, just click on the option titled, Cookies in the new menu.
- Then double click on Cookies in order to expand it and then choose https://www.youtube.com/.
- Now, a lot of options such as Name, Value, Domain, Path, Size, etc., will be displayed on the list on the right-hand side. You have to search for PREF that is under the Name column.
- You have to look for the Value table in the same row and then double click on it as well.
- Now double-clicking on the Value of PREF will basically enable you to edit the field. You have to replace the field along with f6=8.
Note: Replacing the value field might a lot of times change the language preferences.
- Now, just close this window and then reload the YouTube page.
You guys will see your old YouTube layout on the screen.
Tweaking your browser cookies in order to adjust the look of the web version of YouTube is one of the famous ways in order to revive the old looks of YouTube.
Here are the steps to tweak cookies on the browser:
- Head to the YouTube website.
- Tap on Ctrl + Shift + I altogether; you guys will get a pop-up in the same window
- Just expand the pop-up window.
- Tap on Applications > Cookies.
- Then tap on Youtube.com as well
- In the Name, Value, Domain, Path, and much more list, then just search for PREF.
- Tap on the box, then just change the values to f6=8.
- You have to close the interface.
- Exit and just relaunch Chrome.
Although you guys have done all things accurately, I don’t really guarantee this method will work properly. Google is running after the hacks as well as tricks in order to revive the old looks of YouTube. They have also banned the method as many users were failed in order to implement the same as well.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this article and also find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries and issues related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!