Change Theme in Visual Studio: The first option today’s professionals, Microsoft’s integrated development environment is used to write programs, websites, apps, etc. A useful tool, Visual Studio offers lots of great features, as well as the chance to personalize and adjust your preferences. You can also change different aspects of the environment, such as the theme, colors, or fonts.
If you’re new to using this tool then our guide will help you figure everything out.
HOW TO SET THE THEME
When you start using Visual Studio, your theme is set to default, which is Blue. If you don’t find this suitable, you can also change it to Dark or Light. Here’s how:
- Visit the menu bar. It’s on top of the screen and contains different tabs, such as File, Edit, View, etc.
- Find Tools and choose the tab.
- Select Options from the drop-down menu. Make sure that this section enables you to customize the Visual Studio according to your choice with more possibilities than just changing the theme.
- Choose Environment and then General to open the options page.
- Find the Color theme choice and set it to Dark or Light.
- Tap OK to confirm your choice.
- The complete service also appears in dark/light mode.
If you want more themes, you can find them in Visual Studio Market Place. Select the Visual Studio Color Theme Editor and install it to gain access to more themes in the Color theme menu. This feature also enables you to create your own themes.
At the same time, you want to switch back to the service’s default theme. You can easily do so by repeating the previously described steps and set the theme back to Blue.
HOW TO CHANGE FONTS AND COLORS
If you wish to change fonts and colors of the text that appears in this tool, follow these steps:
- Select Tools from the menu bar.
- Tap on Options.
- Tap on the Environment section.
- Choose Fonts and Colors and also the tab on the right that says Show settings for is set to Environment Font.
- You will see a list of different fonts, so extend the menu and choose a font that you like.
- You can also change the font size to select the Size menu and select a size. Tapping on the OK button will save your choices.
HOW TO CHANGE THE COLOR OF YOUR TEXT IN THE TEXT EDITOR
Another feature you can change is the color of the text you enter in this program. Do the following:
- Tap on Tools in the menu bar.
- Select choices from the drop-down list.
- Select Environment and then Fonts and Colors.
- On top of the screen, you’ll see the Show settings for the option. Select Text Editor. Also, note that this section enables you to change the text font. The drop-down menu with different fonts is right under the Text Editor tab. Tap on the arrow to extend the menu and select a font you’d like to see in Visual Studio.
- Back to changing the color: Choose Line Number under the Display items section and go to Item foreground on the right.
- Tap on the arrow to extend the list and choose a color.
- Before you confirm your option and leave the window, make sure that different computer languages can have particular fonts and colors for specific functions.
DARK VS. LIGHT THEME – WHICH ONE’S BETTER?
Dark themes are now just a matter of trend or if it’s better for your eyes to switch to dark modes wherever possible.
The reality is – the dark theme can be better and put less strain on your eyes. It isn’t the case, better stick to the light version to keep away potential eyesight troubles.
Here is how to change the theme in Visual Studio. What theme do you prefer for your Visual Studio? Have you ever made more changes to personalize it? Let us know in the comments section below!