Have you guys ever tried to download an app on your phone and then came across a dreaded error message of “Your Device Isn’t Compatible With This Version”? Well, chances are that you have. Many Android users occasionally come across this message whenever downloading some applications from the Play Store. However, it is a really common error resulting from an older version of Android. It can occur because of many other reasons. Your device might also have a few old hardware parts, such as chipsets, not aligned with the requirements of a new app. In this article, we are going to talk about How to Fix Your Device Isn’t Compatible With This Version. let’s begin!
- 1 How to Fix Your Device Isn’t Compatible With This Version
- 2 How to Fix The Error
How to Fix Your Device Isn’t Compatible With This Version
Why did you get a “Your Device isn’t Compatible with This Version” error?
Before we delve into how you guys can solve the problem, it is a really good practice to first understand the reasons behind this issue actually. You should know what exactly is wrong along with your device in order to fix it correctly. Listed below are all the potential reasons why this compatibility can actually rise in your Android device.
our device hardware does not support the app
Another potential reason that basically explains this error message is your device’s outdated hardware. This factor is basically related to the chipsets deployed on the phone. Manufacturers sometimes install many not-so-common hardware parts. This actually hampers the installation of apps along with requirements for high-power chips. It is not uncommon for mobile app developers in order to optimize their applications for the latest variants of chips and then make the apps more powerful. Thus, if your device comes along with low-scale hardware. Now the “Your Device Isn’t Compatible With This Version” error will also pop up.
Your Android version is old and outdated
It is really important to note that newer versions of the Android operating system come along with newer updates. That brings many changes to the way apps function. So, an app running on a newer version of Android can really naturally fail to operate properly in an older version. Thus, an older version of Android becomes the most common origin for this error message as well.
But, there is another possibility that basically explains the lack of compatibility. It is possible that your device is too old to run an app that is built for the latest versions of Android. If you guys are unable to install any new version of Android. Then you might have to change your device to run the app.
You have to find out the original cause
Well, if neither of the above two reasons seems to be the problem for your device, then you guys will have to go a step further. To this end, you guys have to open the Play Store on a PC or a laptop and then sign in. When you guys look for the same app on your PC or laptop, then you will find the error popping up again. Tapping on this error pop-up will give you a list of all the incompatibility issues behind this message. There are many reasons besides the above two situations. It can be some countrywide as well as local restrictions or low operating system error.
How to Fix The Error
There are many different ways with which you can solve this issue. In this section, we will take a look at every solution in detail along with some really easy steps to help you resolve this error at the earliest.
Uninstall All Latest Updates
Solution for this error is via uninstalling the latest updates. To erase the updates, you guys have to follow these few steps:
- The very first thing that you have to do is open Settings on your device.
- Now, click on the Apps option.
- Just choose Google Play Store from the list of installed apps.
- Now, click on the Uninstall updates option.
These steps should really do the job. When you re-run the Play Store app, you guys will find the error to be resolved.
Clear Cache for Google Play Store | Device Isn’t Compatible
The method to get rid of the “Your Device Isn’t Compatible With This Version” error is via clearing the cache for the Play Store. You guys can do this through the following steps:
- Just close the Play Store tab, if open in the background.
- Then open Settings on your phone.
- Now head to the Application Manager section.
- Select the Google Play services option.
- Click on the Clear Cache button.
When you do these steps, you can then restart the Play Store and search for the app you wished to download.
Change Your Phone’s Model Number
This is actually a lengthier and more complicated method, however, it can definitely get rid of the “Your Device Isn’t Compatible With This Version” error. Just follow the given steps in order to achieve the same.
- For starters, you guys have to search the model number for any device launched via the manufacturer for your phone.
- Whenever searching for this, you guys have to find a model number that is accessible where you reside.
- When you find this accessible model number, then copy and paste it somewhere to save it.
- Now, download an app that is called the ES File Explorer.
- Whenever you have installed this app, then open it and go to the Tools section.
- When you are inside the Tools part, then toggle the button to enable the Show Hidden Files setting as well as the features for Root Explorer
- Then you need to find a file titled ‘System’ within the page named as a /.
- Inside this folder, you will find the file named ‘build.prop’.
- Just Rename this file as ‘xbuild.prop’ file and then copy the same file.
- Then you need to paste this ‘xbuild.prop’ file to the SD storage space in your phone.
- After completing these steps, just open this file in the ES Note Editor application.
- Whenever the file opens, you guys need to enter the model number that you had earlier saved after typing “ro.build.version.release=”.
- When you save these changes, head to the page titled as /.
- There, choose the file named System.
- Within this file, you have to rename the xbuild.prop file back to its original name, i.e. ‘build.prop’.
- Now after you are done with this, just copy this file and put it in the SD space.
- This is followed via some changes as follows:
- Read permissions to Group, Owner, and Other
- Write permissions to Owner
- Execute permissions to No One
- Just Save all these changes and then reboot your phone
You guys should be able to get rid of the error message after completing this extensive model change process.
Install and Connect a SuperSU Application | Device Isn’t Compatible
Market Helper is a really great app to operate on a rooted Android device along with pre-installed SuperSU. You can also download this app via a VPN in case it is unavailable in your region. Whenever you have downloaded the app, just follow the given steps in order to eliminate the “Your Device Isn’t Compatible With This Version” error:
- Just open the Market Helper app.
- You guys will see a list of the latest devices created via the manufacturer for your phone.
- Choose an option from this list and click on Activate.
- After that, you have to allow the permissions for this app.
- Now, wait for some time after performing these steps till the time you get the ‘Activated Successfully’ message pop-up actually.
- When these steps are done, just open the Play Store app and install any app.
This should really help in resolving the compatibility error.
Root Your Android Device
Many users simply just change their phones if a compatibility error message pops up. This might also because their phone cannot install a newer version of Android. That is limiting the apps they can get on their device. But, if you guys are unable to simply get a new phone for this reason, then just don’t worry. There is an easy solution to take care of your device’s incompatibility simply just via rooting it.
Your old device may also not get the most updates that newer Android versions actually do. The best way to overcome this challenge is via rooting your device. You can just root your phone and then open ROMS in order to use the latest version of Android. However, you should note that this process is risky and only forces your phone in order to work with updates it is not made to handle. So, this method can also result in severe malfunctioning in your device.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this article and also find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries and issues related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!
Also See: How to Fix Driver WUDFRd failed to load
First time here, haha