WudfRd driver failed to load is actually caused due to incompatible drivers which most of the time` occurs whenever you upgrade to Windows 10. This is because when you guys update to Windows 10 your drivers are overwritten via Microsoft drivers which causes a conflict and thus the error. A lot of times this error is also caused Due to Windows Driver Foundation – User-mode Driver Framework service is not really started and is actually disabled. Just simply starting the service and settings its startup type in order to Automatic seems to fix the problem. In this article, we are going to talk about How to Fix Driver WUDFRd failed to load. Let’s begin!
Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Event ID: 219 Task Category: (212) Level: Warning User: SYSTEM Description: The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device WpdBusEnumRoot\UMB\2&37c186b&0&STORAGE#VOLUME#_??_USBSTOR#DISK&VEN_HUAWEI&PROD_SD_STORAGE&REV_2.31#8&5853DF2&0#.
This error is most of the time related to USB drivers and generally, also have an Event ID 219. This event happens whenever a plug and play device driver (Such as USB drivers) on your system is failing because of a device driver or device malfunction. There is a lot of fix related to this error that we are going to discuss today. So without even wasting any futher time let’s see how you guys can Fix Driver WUDFRd failed to load error message along with the below-listed troubleshooting steps.
How to Fix Driver WUDFRd failed to load
Make sure Windows is up to date
- Tap on Windows Key + I and then choose Update & Security.
- Next, tap on Check for updates and then make sure to install any pending updates.
- Now after the updates are installed, you have to reboot your PC to Fix Driver WUDFRd failed to load error.
Disabling Hard Disk Hibernation | WUDFRd failed to load
- Right-tap on the Power icon on the system tray and choose Power Options.
- Tap on Change plan settings that is next to your chosen Power plan.
- Now jus tap on Change advanced power settings.
- Just expand Hard disk and then expand Turn off hard disk after.
- Now edit the setting for On battery and then plug in.
- Just Type Never and click on Enter for both of the above settings.
- You need to reboot your PC in order to save changes.
Start Windows Driver Foundation – User-mode Driver Framework Service
- Tap on Windows Key + R and then type services.msc and click on Enter.
- Now just find Windows Driver Foundation – User-mode Driver Framework service and then right-click on it and choose Properties.
- You have to set its start, just type to Automatic and make sure the service is running, if not then tap on Start.
- Tap on Apply followed via OK.
- Just reboot your PC in order to save changes.
This should help you in order to Fix Driver WUDFRd failed to load error but if not, and then continue to the next method.
Reinstall USB Controllers | WUDFRd failed to load
- Tap on Windows Key + R and then type devmgmt.msc and click on Enter to open Device Manager.
- Now expand USB Controllers and then right-click on each of them and choose Uninstall.
- If asks for confirmation, then you need to select Yes.
- After all the controllers are uninstalled, just reboot your PC in order to save changes.
- This would automatically install the drivers and would really fix the issue.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this article and also find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries and issues related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!