Do you want to fix Roblox error 103? Roblox is an MMO game service or platform that lets users develop and create games for others. The platform delivers user-created genre games such as action role-playing games, racing games, simulation games, etc. It was launched back in 2006 and available for MS Windows, Android, iOS, macOS, Xbox One, Mac, Fire OS platforms. However, some Xbox console players have started claiming that they can’t join in any games on Roblox. If you’re one of them, check out the instructions on How to Fix Roblox Error Code 103 on Xbox One.
To be very specific, the Xbox players are encountering the error message something like this “The Roblox game you are trying to join is currently not available (Error Code: 103)”. While lots of other users have mentioned that the Xbox account they’re using, running smoothly on Windows. So, it’s quite annoying for a player to have this sort of issue every time.
There are various reasons behind the occurrence of error:
- Date of Birth issue – Xbox One includes an extra layer of security in regards to child accounts. So if you want to sign in with an account originally created on a computer in which the DOB is under 13 years old, you will unable to join user-created worlds unless you do some privacy adjustments. If you want to avoid this, you can just create a new Roblox account with a date of birth over 13 years old.
- ‘Content from other people’ is turned off – If you’re only facing this error code with a child account, it’s very likely that content from other people is Blocked for the child account. In this situation, you can resolve the issue after accessing the Parent account and changing the privacy settings so that ‘Content from other people’ is Allowed.
Further | Reasons Behind The Error;
- NAT issue – Whenever it occurs, this issue can also appear in the event that the ports used by Roblox are not being forward perfectly. In this situation, you can resolve the issue either by turning on UPnP inside your router settings or simply by forwarding the ports used by Roblox manually.
- Firmware glitch – Files that you can use temporarily by your operating system can also be the major cause of this problem. To resolve the issue in case it’s being caused by a firmware glitch. Simply perform a power cycling method and wipe the temporary folder by using the power capacitors.
- Bad game installation – Under some circumstances, the error occurred by a bad game installation. In this situation, you can easily resolve the issue after uninstalling the game along with every add-on and update before reinstalling it again.
Different Ways To Fix Roblox Error 103:
Follow the below methods to fix Roblox Error 103:
Fix 1: Create A New Roblox Account (without DOB restrictions)
As it turns out, the root cause might end up triggering the 103 Error after launching Roblox from an Xbox One console is a DOB issue (Date of Birth). As lots of users have claimed that Xbox provides an additional layer of privacy settings that might protect child accounts from being accessed without the necessary permissions.
After moving through various user reports, it looks like Xbox One tends to have an issue with PC-created accounts in which the DOB is under 13 years old.
In case you don’t have any saved content on your account, the simplest method to resolve the Error Code: 103 is to just create a new account with Roblox with a DOB of over 18 and use that one to easily sign in with your Xbox One Console.
If you’re not sure how to do this, follow the steps below:
- From a mobile device or PC, head over to this account creation page of Roblox.
- Once you enter, tap on the Sign-Up button located in the top-right section of the screen.
- From the credential window, choose your birthday and make sure the year will ultimately make you 18+ years old. As it’ll ensure that the additional security layer on Xbox One is unavailable.
- Complete the remaining information, then press the Sign Up button to just create the account, then follow the on-screen steps to verify your newly created account.
- When the new account has been created successfully, head over to your Xbox console and then tap on Sign in as your Roblox account.
- Now join the world and enjoy!
If you don’t want to create a new Roblox account or this workaround didn’t let you fix Roblox Error 103, head over to the other potential solution below.
Fix 2: Allowing ‘Content from other people’ on a Child account
If you are facing this error code with a Child account, it’s very likely that you’re facing the Error Code: 103 because of a privacy setting enforced on the parent account. As it blocks content that’s created by other community members. This is a useful feature on Roblox that is needed when you want to join other worlds.
If this is the source of your issue, you can easily resolve the issue after accessing the privacy settings of your Child account and turning on the ”See content other people make” feature. After you do this, you can easily join other worlds in Roblox without facing the same 103 error code.
If you’re not sure how to do this, follow the steps below:
- Head over to your Xbox One console, then sign in on your Parent account and you can then access the My apps & games option from the main dashboard menu.
- Head over to the My Apps and Games menu. Then simply access the Settings menu.
- After you move to the Settings menu. Dive down to the Family tab and choose the Child account that you’re facing the issue on.
- From the Settings menu of the Child account, select the Custom template (under Privacy) to initiate editing the custom Privacy preferences.
- Then simply scroll cycle through the carousel privacy menu. You can then access the entry linked with See content other people make.
- Then save the changes.
- You can then restart your Xbox One console. Again sign in using your Child account and repeat the action that was causing the Error Code: 103 to view if the issue has been fixed.
In case you’re still facing the same issue, dive down to the other potential solution below.
Fix 3: Ports Forwarding Used By Roblox
If the above fixed didn’t work for you, it’s quite likely that you’re facing a port forwarding problem. Make sure that Roblox is a multiplayer-based game that needs your network NAT (Network Address Translation) to be open.
The game that supports the exchange of data between peers uses some ports that can be opened to lets you play online. Some router versions nowadays will take care of port forwarding by default. But if you’ve made some changes to your router, the feature that facilitates an opened NAT (Universal Plug and Play) might actually be turned off.
However, if you’re working with an older router, then it doesn’t support UPnP – In this situation, you want to do the port forwarding part manually.
So depending on your router, there are two potential methods that will allow you to forward the ports used by Roblox:
- Turning on UPnP in your router settings to simply open your NAT
- Ports forwarding used by Roblox manually so that you can connect successfully to other people’s worlds
If your router supports UPnP(Universal Plug and Play), follow the below article (A). In case you’re using an older router version that doesn’t compatible with UPnP follow the other sub-guide (B):
Turning On UPnP In Your Router Settings
- Simply use a Mac or PC that’s attached to the network maintained by your router to simply open up your default browser. Then type the give addresses in the navigation bar. Then, hit Enter to simply access your Router settings menu:
Note: One of these addresses should take you to your router settings menu. But if they don’t search online for particular steps to access your router settings.
- Whenever you arrive at the login screen, move ahead and enter your login credentials. If you can’t access the menu before, you should be able to simply sign in using the default credentials (admin as user and 1234 as password)
Note: Well, these default credentials will vary as it depends on your router manufacturer. Then search online for the default login credentials according to your router version in case these are not correct.
- Once you finally enter your router settings. You can then search for the Advanced menu / NAT Forwarding and look for an option named UPnP.
- Whenever you finally manage to locate it, turn it on. Then save the changes to enforce the change.
- After you successfully manage to turn on Universal Plug and Play. You can then reboot both your Xbox One console or router and check if the Roblox error repeats after trying to join a game once again.
- Follow instructions 1 to 3 from the above section to get inside the NAT Forwarding / Port Forwarding menu of your router settings.
- When you’re inside the Port Forwarding menu. Simply locate the menu that enables you to manually forward the ports. You can then start forwarding the ports that are required by Roblox on Xbox One:
TCP: 3074 UDP: 88, 500, 3074, 3544, 4500
- When you’ve ensured that any of these ports are forwarded, then save the changes. However, you can then reboot both your console and router before trying to join an online game once again in Roblox.
If you still face the same error code 103 then dive down to the other potential solution below.
Fix 4: Performing A Power Cycling Method
If none of the solutions above have allowed you to resolve the problem, it’s possible that the 103 error occurs. It occurs some type of temporary file corruption that’s currently being saved in the temporary folder.
However, this temporary folder will not be wiped with few types of shutdowns, you might be able to resolve the issue after performing a power cycling method. As it’ll end up wiping the power capacitors which can also fix your issue.
If you want to perform a power cycling method on your Xbox One console, follow the steps below:
- Start by ensuring that your console is completely booted in idle mode (not in hibernation).
- Then, hit the Xbox button. Then keep it pressed for a few seconds.
- When your console is completely switched off. Then wait a while before turning it back on. During your wait duration, you can also unplug your power cable from the power outlet it’s currently connected to in order to ensure that the power capacitors are fully cleared.
- Then switch on your console (by hitting the power button on your console) and wait for the other startup to complete.
- When the other console startup is complete. You can then open Roblox. Then try to join a multiplayer game.
In case if you still end up viewing the 103 error code while trying to access content created by other people. Then dive down to the last solution below.
Fix 5: Reinstalling the Game
If none of the above solutions worked for you, then you are dealing with an inconsistency created by the worst installation. In some situations, the issue occurs when the console is completely turn off in the middle of installing or downloading the game.
In this situation, you should be able to resolve the issue after reinstalling the game. To fix the error code 103 follow the steps below should allow you to fix Roblox Error 103.
Here’s a quick guide to reinstall Robox on your Xbox One console:
- Hit the Xbox One console to simply open up your guide menu. You can then use it to simply access the My games & Apps menu.
- When you’re inside the Game & Apps menu. Then dive down through the list of installed apps & games and specify Roblox.
- With Roblox selected, hit the Start button then select Manage game from the newly appeared context menu.
- At the other pane, simply use the menu on the right side to choose the Uninstall all option. This method ensures that you install or download the base game with every installed game update or add-on.
- When the uninstallation series is complete. Then reboot your console and wait until the other startup complete.
- Simply access your digital library or add the physical media. Then reinstall Roblox or launch the game to view if you successfully managed to resolve the 103 Error code.
That’s all about it, guys.
Here’s all about ‘Fix Roblox Error 103’. I hope that his article was helpful to you. For additional questions and queries let us know below!