The internet is actually a marvelous place filled along with exciting pages, articles, as well as the content. Within this plethora of online creations, you guys will naturally come across videos that pique your interest as well. But, because of some reason, you guys are unable to access the source of the video. If you find yourself struggling along with the same issue, then you are at the right place. In this article, we are going to talk about How to Download BLOB Video – User Guide. Let’s begin!
How to Download BLOB Video – User Guide
Blob URLs are pseudo protocols that basically assign temporary URLs to media files. This process is crucial since most websites cannot process the raw data contained via files. They need data in the form of binary code that loads via the blob URL. In simpler terms, the blob URL gives data and then acts as a fake source for the files on a website.
The blob URL addresses can also be found in the DevTools of the webpage. These links, however, cannot be accessed as their source page does not even exist. Nevertheless, there are a few different ways with which you can download a blob URL video.
Use Cisdem Video Converter on Mac
However, the method mentioned above works just like a charm, there are easier ways in order to download blob videos. Many video downloaders can also convert URLs to mp4 files along with ease. If you guys use a MacBook, then Cisdem Video converter is actually the ideal choice.
- You have to open the browser applications and then download the Cisdem Video Converter to your Mac.
- Now just Install the software and run it on your PC.
- By default, the app will open on the Convert page as well. Tap on the second panel from the Taskbar in order to shift to the Download tab.
- Head to the web page containing the blob URL video that you guys want to download and copy the original link actually.
- Just Paste the link in the Cisdem app and then tap on the Download button on the bottom right corner of the screen as well.
- The video will now download to your PC.
Use VLC Media Player to Convert and Download Blob Video
VLC Media Player might not be as famous as it once used to be, but the app still has its uses actually. The media player can also convert blob URL videos into downloadable MP4 files and then save them to your PC.
- First of all, Open the web page containing the video you guys want to download.
- Now before proceeding, make sure that a blob URL is involved. Right-click on the page and now choose “Inspect.”
- Tap on the three dots on the top right corner of the inspect window and then open it as a new tab. The developer tools for the web page will now open.
- Tap on Ctrl + F and now look for “blob”. A blob link exists if the search results basically reveal a link that actually begins with “blob: https”.
- Now on the DevTools page, just click on Network.
- Tap on Ctrl + F and search for “m3u8”.
- Then tap on the file and copy the Request URL from the header page.
- Just download VLC Media Player from the official website. Run the setup and then install the software on your PC.
- You need to open VLC and click on the Media in the top left corner of the screen.
- From the list of options, you need to click on “Open Network Stream.”
- Now Paste the .m3u8 blob URL in the text box.
- Tap on the small arrow next to the play button and then select Convert.
- In the convert window, just select the preferred output quality and click on the Browse button and then choose a destination for the file.
- Tap on Start in order to begin the conversion process.
- Well, after the process is complete, then go to the destination folder and find the downloaded blob URL video.
Use Freemake Video Downloader on Windows
Well, Freemake is basically a highly efficient video converter and downloader that can easily download blob URL videos. Most of the services on the app actually need the premium package. Nevertheless, you can just download smaller videos through the free version.
- First of all, just download the Freemake Video Downloader app and then install it onto your PC.
- Now open the app and click on “Paste URL” in the top left corner.
- Then Copy the link to the video you want to save, and now paste it in Freemake.
- A download window will then open up. Just change the download settings based on your preference.
- Tap on Download in order to save the file to your PC.
How do I get blob URL?
Webpages generate blob URLs in order to make media encoding easier. These automatically created URLs are basically saved in the page source of the webpage and can be accessed via the DevTools. In the Element panel of DevTools, search for “blob.” You have to look for a link that exhibits the following pattern: src = blob:https://www.youtube.com/d9e7c316-046f-4869-bcbd-affea4099280”. This is basically the blob URL of your video.
How can I download the Facebook video blob?
In order to download blob videos from Facebook, first, you have to open the DevTools for the webpage. Tap on Network and find the file with a .m3u8 extension. Now just copy the Requested URL of the file. Open VLC Media Player and then click on Media in the top left corner. Choose Open Stream Network and then paste the link in the text box. Tap on convert and now save the Facebook video to your PC as an MP4 file.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this article and also find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries and issues related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!
Also See: The Best Kodi Alternatives You Can Use