In Microsoft Windows sharing the same network basically permits accessing the files and data on each other’s PC without even connecting them along with the ethernet cable. However, sometimes if you guys are hosting your PC on the network, then you might see the message saying “Error code: 0x80070035. The network path was not found.”. In this article, we are going to talk about How to Fix Error Code 0x80070035 in Windows. Let’s begin!
Well, there is a lot of reason as to why you may also be seeing this error code but mainly it is caused because of Antivirus or Firewall blocking the resources. Anyway, without even wasting any time let’s see how you can actually Fix Error code 0x80070035 The network path was not found along with the below-listed troubleshooting guide.
- 1 How to Fix Error Code 0x80070035 in Windows
- 1.1 Delete Hidden Network Adapters
- 1.2 Temporarily Disable Antivirus and Firewall
- 1.3 Turn ON Network Discovery | error code 0x80070035
- 1.4 Manually enter all PC’s username and passwords over the network
- 1.5 Enable NetBIOS over TCP/IP
- 1.6 Make sure your drive is shared
- 1.7 Reset TCP/IP | error code 0x80070035
- 1.8 Conclusion
How to Fix Error Code 0x80070035 in Windows
Delete Hidden Network Adapters
- Tap on Windows Key + R then type devmgmt.msc and click on Enter to open Device Manager.
- Now just choose Network Adapters and then tap on View > Show hidden devices.
- Right-tap on each of the hidden devices and then choose Uninstall device.
- Just do this for all the hidden devices that is listed under Network Adapters.
- Then reboot your PC in order to save changes.
Temporarily Disable Antivirus and Firewall
- Right-tap on the Antivirus Program icon from the system tray and choose Disable.
- Next, choose the time frame for which the Antivirus will actually remain disabled.
Note: you have to choose the smallest amount of time possible Such as 15 minutes or 30 minutes.
- When done, again you have to check if the error resolves or not.
- Tap on Windows Key + I and then select Control Panel.
- Next, tap on System and Security.
- Then you need to check on Windows Firewall.
- Now from the left window pane, just tap on Turn Windows Firewall on or off.
- Choose Turn off Windows Firewall and restart your PC as well. And see if you guys are able to Fix Error code 0x80070035 The network path was not found.
If the above method doesn’t really work make sure to follow the exact same steps in order to turn on your Firewall again.
Turn ON Network Discovery | error code 0x80070035
- You need to tap on Windows Key + X and then select Control Panel.
- Now click on Network and Internet and then tap on View network status and tasks.
- This would take you to Network and Sharing Center, from there tap on Change Advanced Sharing settings from the left-hand menu.
- You have to checkmark Turn on network discovery and tap on Save changes.
- Just reboot your PC to save changes and then see if you are able to Fix Error code 0x80070035 The network path was not found as well.
Manually enter all PC’s username and passwords over the network
- Tap on Windows Key + X and then select Control Panel.
- Then type Credential in the control panel search and then tap on Credential Manager.
- Choose Windows Credentials and then tap on Add a Windows credential.
- One by one just types the username and password of each and every machine connected to the network.
- You have to follow this on the PCs connected to the PC and this will Fix Error code 0x80070035 The network path was not found actually.
Enable NetBIOS over TCP/IP
- Tap on Windows Key + R and then type ncpa.cpl and click on Enter.
- Right-tap on your active Wi-Fi or ethernet connection and then choose Properties.
- Just choose Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and then tap on Properties.
- Now tap on Advanced in the next window and then switch to WINS tab under Advanced TCP/IP Settings.
- Then under the NetBIOS setting, and checkmark “Enable NetBIOS over TCP/IP“, and then tap on OK.
- Now just reboot your PC in order to save changes
- Right-tap on the drive which you want to be shared and choose Properties.
- Now switch to Sharing tab and if under Network Path it says Not Shared then just tap on the Advanced Sharing button.
- You have to checkmark “Share this folder” and then make sure the Share name is correct.
- Tap on Apply followed via OK.
Reset TCP/IP | error code 0x80070035
- Right-tap on Windows Button and then choose “Command Prompt(Admin).“
- Now type the following command and click on enter after each one:
(a) ipconfig /release
(b) ipconfig /flushdns
(c) ipconfig /renew
- Again just open Admin Command Prompt and then type the following and then click on enter after each one:
netsh int ip reset
netsh winsock reset
- Now just reboot to apply changes.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this article and also find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries and issues related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!
Also See: Best Auto Task Killer Apps for Android