One of the most well-crafted apps via Google, Google Maps is a really great app. That a lot of smartphone users across the globe, be it Android or iOS. The app started as a reliable tool for providing directions and also has been developed over the years in order to assist in a lot of other sectors. In this article, we are going to talk about How to Fix Google Maps Not Working on Android. Let’s begin!
The app basically gives information on the best route to take based on traffic conditions, satellite representations of desired locations and gives a course of direction regarding any mode of transportation as well. Such as by walk, car, bike, as well as public transport. With recent updates, Google Maps have integrated cab as well as auto services for directions.
But, all of these splendid features are of no use if the app does not function properly as well as does not open at all at the time whenever it is most needed.
- 1 How to Fix Google Maps Not Working on Android
How to Fix Google Maps Not Working on Android
There is a lot of reason for Google Maps not working issue, however, few of them are:
- Poor Wi-Fi connection
- Poor Network Signal
- Google Maps not Updated
- Corrupted Cache & Data
Now relying on your issue, you can try the below fixes in order to fix Google Maps not working on Android. Stated below are the most effective methods in order to fix any issues regarding Google maps.
Check your Internet Connection
Google Maps basically needs a good internet connection to function properly, and the problem might persist because of an extremely slow internet connection as well as no internet access at all. If you guys are using “mobile data,” then try turning it off and then enabling it again after shifting to an area. There you guys get better network coverage, i.e. where the network connection is stable.
If not, then just toggle flight mode on and off and then try opening Google Maps. If you guys have a nearby Wi-Fi hotspot, then it is also recommended that you use Wi-Fi rather than mobile data.
You can also download area maps under Google Maps in order to save them offline. So in case, you guys don’t have an active internet connection because of the insufficient signal. Then you can easily access Google Maps offline actually.
Restart the device
One of the most basic and preferable solutions, in order to put everything back in place regarding any issues in the device, is restarting or rebooting the phone actually. In order to restart your device, press & hold the “Power button” and then choose “Reboot”.
This will basically take a minute or two depending on the phone and most of the time fixes quite a few of the problems.
Check Location Settings
Location services should also be turned on for Google maps to determine the best route possible. However, there might be a slight chance that you guys have been using Google maps without even location services being enabled. Make sure that Google maps have permission in order to access your device’s location.
Before moving forward, you need to make sure to enable GPS from the quick access menu.
- You have to open Settings on your phone and navigate to Apps.
- Click on App permissions under permissions.
- Now under the App permission, click on Location permissions.
- Then just make sure Location permission is enabled for Google Maps.
Update Google Maps
Updating Google Maps can also fix any issue caused because of bugs in the previous update and can also resolve any performance issues. If the current version installed on your device is not really working properly.
- You have to open Play Store and then search for “Google Maps” using the search bar.
- Click on the Update button in order to install the latest version of the application as well.
Enable High Accuracy Mode
- You have to tap and hold the Location or GPS icon from the notification panel.
- Then make sure the toggle next to “Location access” is enabled and under Location mode, choose High accuracy.
Clear App Cache & Data
Application cache can also be cleared without affecting user settings and data. But, the same is not true for deleting app data actually. If you delete app data, then it will also remove user settings, data, as well as configuration. Just keep in mind that clearing app data also results in the loss of all the offline maps stored under Google Maps as well.
- You have to open Settings on your device and then navigate to Apps or Application Manager.
- Now navigate to Google Maps that is under “All apps”.
- Click on Storage under app details and then just click on Clear cache.
- Now again try to launch Google Maps, and see if you guys are able to Fix Google Maps not working on the Android issue. However, if the problem still persists, then select Clear all data.
Factory Reset Your Phone
Well, if none of the above methods work, then the last option left is just to factory reset your phone. However, be careful as a factory reset will actually delete all the data from your phone. To factory reset your phone, you need to follow the following steps:
- Just open Settings on your smartphone.
- Then search for Factory Reset in the search bar as well as tap on the Backup and reset option from the Settings.
- Just tap on the Factory data reset on the screen.
- Then tap on the Reset option on the next screen.
After the factory reset is completed, then just restart your phone and launch Google Maps. And it may also start working properly now.
Download an Older Version of Google Maps
Well, you guys can also download an older version of the Google Maps application from third-party websites such as APKmirror. This method actually seems to be a temporary fix to the issue. However, just remember that installing apps from third-party sources might harm your phone. Because many times these website contains malicious code as well as a virus in form of the .apk file.
- First of all, Uninstall Google Maps from your Android Phone.
- Then download an older version of Google Maps from websites such as APKmirror.
Note: Now just download an older APK version but not older than two months.
- In order to install the .apk files from third-party sources, you guys have to give permission to install apps from untrusted sources.
- At last, install the Google Maps .apk file and then see if you can open Google Maps without even any issues.
Use Google Maps Go as an Alternative
If nothing works then you guys can also use Google Maps Go as an alternative. It is basically a lighter version of Google Maps and might also come in handy until you’re able to resolve issues along with your Google Maps.
These are some of the most effective methods in order to resolve any issues regarding Google Maps Not Working on Android, and if any problem persists, then just reinstall the app.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this article and also find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries and issues related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!