Well, HBO Max has finally made it on Roku after a long wait. Now, Roku users can also stream their favorite original HBO shows and movies on their television sets as well. However, many Roku users have also reported that they are facing various technical errors while streaming HBO Max on Roku. Hence, here we are with some of the best methods which you can use in order to Fix HBO Max Not Working on Roku. In this article, we are going to talk about How to Fix HBO Max Not Working on Roku. Let’s begin!
You downloaded HBO Max, signed up along with a Roku account, and then start streaming for 10-20 seconds, and without even crashing you guys suddenly return to the RokuTV homepage. Are you the one facing the same issues? Let us help you fix this problem on Roku while using HBO max and also an overall workaround.
How to Fix HBO Max Not Working on Roku
Update your Roku Device
HBO Max app works really well on Roku 9.3, however, older Roku models such as Roku 2500 will not be supported. For a glitch-free experience along with HBO Max, Roku must run on its latest version. In order to update Roku, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- First of all, hold the Home button on the remote and navigate to Settings
- Now, choose System and head to System update.
- Then Check for updates in Roku and proceed along with the installation.
Note: For instances where Roku runs on a version greater than as well as equal to 9.4.0, yet, HBO Max channel does not run properly, you have to contact Roku Support for assistance.
Remove and Re-add the HBO Max channel.
It reports via several Roku users that the HBO Max Not working error on Roku can also fix using this method. The steps also involved in this method are listed below.
- You have to turn on Roku and tap on the Home button on the Remote.
- Choose ‘Streaming Channels‘ and then, open ‘Channel Store‘ on it.
- Now you need to search for the HBO Max channel in the list and then, tap on the ‘OK‘ button on your remote.
- Finally, just choose the ‘Remove channel‘ option and confirm it to remove the HBO Max channel from your Roku. And now restart your Roku.
- When Roku is turned on, again tap on the Home button on the Remote.
- In the search box, just type HBO Max and search for it.
- Now, add the channel and also check if it is working smoothly. If not, then go ahead with the next method.
Use the Search Feature
Just like that, you can use the search feature to select the desired content rather than using the Home screen. You can also search for content via movie/series names, tv channels, as well as actors.
You guys will be able to use only four controls: Forward, Backward, Pause, & 7-second replay. The HBO Max menu and the closed caption feature are actually not available along with this option.
Tip: Navigate through the menu slowly via waiting for two to three seconds between actions and responses as well. This will prevent frequent crashes from occurring within the system as well.
Disconnect your VPN
In order to enjoy a smooth streaming experience with HBO Max. Your region of residence must be within the United States or affiliated territories too. In the case of HBO Max, you guys have to use your original IP address along with visibility features. Whereas using VPN hides your actual IP address too. Thus, you are suggested to disconnect your VPN network and then also use the HBO Max app. This is an instant fix suggested by multiple users as follows:
Just simply turn OFF the VPN connection and check if the HBO Max Not Working on Roku issue fix now.
Clear the Cache Memory
Formatting issues and loading problems can also be sorted out via clearing the stored cache in the device. You have to follow these steps in order to clear the cache present in Roku:
- You have to open your Home screen.
- Now, just search for the HBO Max channel and choose it.
- Then, just take your remote and click on the asterisk * button.
- Now, choose the Remove channel.
- At last, reboot the Roku.
All cache data will also be deleted & HBO Max not working on the Roku issue will be resolved.
Hard Reset Roku & Soft Reset Roku
Many times Roku may need minor troubleshooting such as restarting, Factory Reset as well as resetting the network connection and remote to restore its sustainable performance.
You guys can either use the Settings option for a factory reset or the reset key on Roku in order to perform its hard reset.
Note: After Reset, the device would also need the re-installation of all previously stored data.
How to Soft Reset Roku
If you guys want to set Roku to its original state, a factory reset of Roku is needed. We can also use the factory reset option to delete all data associate with the device. It also makes the device function such as it’s brand new. Factory reset is mostly carried out when the machine settings have to be altered in order to improve its performance. You can use the remote to implement the following steps.
- Just choose Settings on the Home screen.
- You can search for System > Advanced system settings.
- There, just choose Factory reset.
- Whenever you choose Factory to reset, a code will generate on the screen in order to confirm your choice. Note that code and it in the box provided.
- Tap on OK.
The factory reset of Roku will now start, and it will also take some time to complete. Hence, you can begin to use it and then check if HBO Max not working on Roku problem solve or not.
How to Hard Reset Roku
If you guys have tried a soft factory reset of Roku and/or restarted the process of Roku. But still haven’t obtained the desired results, then you can opt for a hard reset of Roku.
- You have to find the RESET symbol on the device.
Note: The reset button or pinhole will rely on the model of the device you own.
- You can hold this RESET symbol for at least 20 seconds.
- Then release the button when the power light blinks on the device.
This basically indicates that the factory reset is complete, and you guys can now configure it as you would a new one.
Report the Problem to HBO Max.
If none of the methods above worked, then you guys might be dealing along with a much more severe problem. In this case, we also suggest that you seek the help of the experts and get in touch along with HBO Max.
You can visit the Help Center and contact their customer support from there. Whenever reporting an issue, then try to give as much information as possible to speed up the process. This also includes your account details, the device that you guys are using, and a screenshot of the error
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this article and also find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries and issues related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!