HDMI is basically a standard audio and video cabling interface used in order to transmit uncompressed video data. As well as compressed and also uncompressed audio data (digital) from HDMI supported source devices to a compatible computer monitor, televisions, and also video projectors. Through these HDMI cables, users can also connect a lot of components. Such as a home theatre setup that basically includes TVs or projectors, disc players, media streamers, as well as even cable or satellite boxes. Whenever there is an issue along with the HDMI connection. Then you guys can perform some troubleshooting via yourself to mend things, which will fix the issue in most of the cases actually. In this article, we are going to talk about How to Fix HDMI Not Working in Windows 10. let’s begin!
Many computer users have also reported problems regarding the HDMI port. Many common issues that users encountered most of the time are receiving no image. The sound that is coming out of the devices even whenever the cable is properly connected to the port, as well. Basically, the purpose of HDMI is just to connect different components together easily via this generic HDMI connector. There one cable is actually meant for both audio and video. Though, there is also another additional HDMI function for implementing ‘copy protection’ (which is also termed as HDCP as well as HDCP 2.2 for 4K).
This copy protection typically needs the HDMI-connected components to be able to look for as well as communicate along with each other. This feature of recognizing and then communicating is commonly termed as the HDMI handshake as well. In case the ‘handshake’ didn’t really work well at any time. The HDCP encryption (embedded within the HDMI signal) actually becomes unrecognized by one, or also more connected components. This mostly leads to whenever you cannot see anything on your TV screen as well.
- 1 How to Fix HDMI Not Working in Windows 10
- 1.1 Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter
- 1.2 Update Graphics Driver for Windows 10 | HDMI Not Working
- 1.3 Check Your HDMI Cable Connections
- 1.4 Reset Your Television to Factory Settings | HDMI Not Working
- 1.5 Configure the System’s Display Settings
- 1.6 Conclusion
How to Fix HDMI Not Working in Windows 10
There are many different ways to fix the HDMI connection problems, also some of the techniques are explained below –
Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter
You have to run the troubleshooter of Windows 10. In general, the Windows 10 built-in troubleshooter will also search for any problem related to HDMI ports and will automatically fix it as well. For this, you guys have to follow the steps below –
- Tap on Windows Key + I in order to open Settings and then tap on the Update & Security icon.
- Now from the left-hand menu, just make sure to choose Troubleshoot.
- Then under the “Find and fix other problems” section, and then tap on “Hardware and Devices“.
- Next, tap on Run the troubleshooter and just follow on-screen instructions in order to fix HDMI Port Not Working in Windows 10.
Update Graphics Driver for Windows 10 | HDMI Not Working
Well, Issues regarding HDMI may also arise if the graphics driver is outdated and not updated for quite a long time as well. This can bring glitches such as HDMI not working. So, it is also recommended to use a driver update that will automatically detect your graphics driver status and also update it accordingly.
Manually Update Graphics Drivers using Device Manager
- You have to tap on Windows Key + R and then type devmgmt.msc and click on enter to open Device Manager.
- Next, expand Display adapters right-tap on your Graphics Card and then choose Enable.
- When you guys have done this again right-click on your graphics card and choose “Update Driver“.
- Choose “Search automatically for updated driver software” and then let it finish the process.
- Now if the above steps were helpful in fixing the issue and then very good, if not then you have to continue.
- Again right-tap on your graphics card and choose “Update Driver”, however, this time on the next screen choose “Browse my computer for driver software.“
- Now choose “Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer.”
- At last, select the latest driver from the list and tap on Next.
- Now just let the above process finish and then restart your PC in order to save changes.
You guys have to follow the same steps for the integrated graphics card (which is Intel in this case) in order to update its drivers. See if you are able to Fix HDMI Port Not Working in Windows 10 issue, and if not then continue with the next step.
Automatically Update Graphics Drivers from Manufacturer Website
- Tap on Windows Key + R and in the dialog box type “dxdiag” and click on enter.
- Now after that search for the display tab (there will be two show tabs one for the integrated graphics card and another one will be of Nvidia’s). Then tap on the display tab and also find out your graphics card.
- Then head to the Nvidia driver download website and enter the product details which we just find out now.
- You have to search your drivers after inputting the information, just tap on Agree and download the drivers.
- Now after successful download, you need to install the driver and you guys have successfully updated your Nvidia drivers manually.
Check Your HDMI Cable Connections
For Windows 10, just unplug the power cable and then plug it back: If there is actually a case for Windows 10 users whenever all the HDMI ports stopped working. Then you can also fix this HDMI port not working the problem through first unplugging the power cable and then plug in it again. Then just perform the following steps: –
- Just try disconnecting all your HDMI cables from their respective inputs as well.
- Now for 10 minutes keep unplugging the power cable from the TV.
- Then, you have to plug back the TV in the power source and then switch it o.
- Now take the HDMI cable to your PC for connecting as well.
- Then turn on the PC as well.
Reset Your Television to Factory Settings | HDMI Not Working
There is basically an option to reset the factory setting in your TV to get rid of HDMI port issues as well as any such problem in machines running Windows 10. As soon as you guys execute the factory reset, all settings will basically revert to factory default. You could reset your TV to factory settings via the ‘Menu’ key of your remote as well. And then again check if the HDMI Port Not Working in Windows 10 problem is resolved or not.
Configure the System’s Display Settings
HDMI port not working issue may also arise if there are multiple monitors that are connected to your system. The issue may pop up if there you are using the wrong display settings as well. So, we recommend you check for settings so that your displays are having the right settings as well. For this, you need to tap on Windows Key + P.
- PC screen or Computer only — For using the 1st
- Just duplicate — To display the same content on both the connected monitors as well.
- Now just extend — To use both monitors for showing the screen in extended mode.
- Well, the second screen or Projector only — Is basically used for the second monitor.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this article and also find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries and issues related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!