Apple has announced iOS 14, and it is actually the first time in years that the company has made significant changes to the home screen. There are many new features, but perhaps the most significant change is the new Widgets system. We have had Widgets on the Today View (the screen to the left of your first Home screen) for many years. However, not a lot of folks use that screen. And what’s the point of glanceable info if you have to swipe around to view it? In this article, we are going to talk about How to Create and Edit your Own Widget Stack in Mac. Let’s begin!
With iOS 14, Apple is replacing the old widgets with all of its new ones. That is more dynamic, can pull in more information, come in three sizes, and also most importantly, can be placed anywhere on the home screen as well. Let’s see how you work with widgets in iOS 14.
How to create your widget stack in iOS 14. | Widget Stack in Mac
- Long press on a blank area of the Home Screen or also any additional page of applications.
- Once in jiggle mode, then tap the plus (+) button in the top-left corner of the screen.
- Scroll through the widget’s card and click a widget that you want to include in your widget stack. Then drag it onto the Home Screen as well.
- Click on the plus (+) button in the corner of the screen again.
- Select another widget to include in your stack, however, this time, drag it directly on top of the stack you just added to your Home Screen.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 to include additional widgets in your stack now.
- Now click Done in the top-right corner of the screen when you are finished.
You can also swipe up and down on your stack to scroll through the widgets that you added. Or you can let iOS automatically switch between them for you as well.
Note that the widgets in the same stack need to be the same size. You can’t have one small, one medium, and one large widget in the same stack, such as.
How to Edit a Widget Stack | Widget Stack in Mac
If you decide that you want to remove a widget from your stack or also change their order of appearance. Then here’s what you can do.
- Long press on the widget stack that you want to edit.
- Choose Edit Stack from the popup menu.
- If you want to delete a widget from the stack, then swipe left across the widget in question to reveal the Delete button.
- In order to change the order of widgets, then simply drag each one up or down using the hamburger icons on the far right.
Note that you can also use the Smart Rotate toggle to control whether iOS automatically switches them for you periodically.
How to Delete a Widget Stack | Widget Stack in Mac
In order to delete a widget stack you created, simply long-press on the stack and then select Remove Stack from the popup menu.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this Widget Stack in Mac article and also find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries and issues related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!
Also See: How to Add Chrome Shortcut to Desktop