If you guys were waiting patiently for the Android 5.1.1 OTA update for your Moto 360. Well wait no more, we have got the 5.1 OTA on download right here for you. That you can install on your Moto 260 right away in order to update it to the latest and greatest software already. In this article, we are going to talk about How to Download Moto 360 Android Update 5.1.1. Let’s begin!
Important! It needs mention that your Moto 360’s hardware must be modded in order to support a USB connection along with a PC, as via default there is no USB port on the watch. Sure, your Moto 360 could also use an ADB connection over Bluetooth, but that doesn’t work in recovery mode. Thus not really useful when we are looking to do an ADB sideload. That is what you guys need here to install OTA update.
Normally, it would take Motorola more than a few days in order to push the update to your Moto 360. So, if patience is not really your strong suit, then download the OTA update below now. And then follow the guide below that to get the Moto 360 Android 5.1.1 update as well.
The new Android 5.1.1 update actually brings lots of cool features to Moto 360. That includes Always-on apps support that allows apps in order to display data even when the watch is in ambient mode. WiFi connectivity to the phone when Bluetooth plays foul, ability to pair more than one Android wear a device to phone. Browser songs from within watch with Media Browser support, and much more features.
How can you update T-Mobile Nexus 6 to Android 5.1 using OTA update
Hey, before you try this, make sure to try to force the Android 5.1 update on Moto 360 via the procedure we mentioned at the very top of this article, see that guide first. It’s also working and is the easiest of ways. The below requires your Moto 360 to be hardware modded, which breaks the warranty and removes water resistance of the watch as well.
- Android 5.1.1 OTA update | Filename: 7dc4415e11d07ed092f3e1988fec892aaf5974fb.signed-Metallica-LDZ22O-from-LWX49L.7dc4415e.zip
- MOTOROLA MOTO 360 smartwatch
- Just don’t try on any other device!
- You have to download the update file from above. Disconnect your Moto 360 from the PC if it’s connected.
- Install Motorola drivers on PC.
- Also, install ADB drivers.
- Now, go to the folder where you have the update file, and rename it to 360-5.1.1-update.zip and make sure that you DO NOT extract it as well.
- First, open a command window in the folder where you have the update file. For this, you have to hold the shift key and then right-click on the empty white space inside the folder. In order to get a pop-up, choose the open command window here option from that.
- Turn on USB or ADB debugging on your Moto 360.
- On your Moto 360, you have to head to Settings > About, and then click on build no. 7 times.
- Now, go back to Settings, and click on Developer options.
- Then tap on ADB debugging and then tap on the right checkmark in order to confirm. Exit the settings now.
- You have to connect Moto 360 to PC. You will get a pop-up on watch. Just tick the box before “Always allow from this computer” and then click on OK in order to confirm ADB connection with your PC.
→ Note: Once again, by default, the USB connection is not supported on Moto 360. You guys have to mod it manually to be able to add support for the USB port.
- Now just reboot Moto 360 into recovery mode. In the command window, just run the following command. (You can copy-paste the command and then tap on the enter key for this.)
adb reboot recovery
- A dead green Android with an exclamation mark will show up as well. That’s actually stock recovery. However, if you have CWM/TWRP recovery you’ll get the respective home screen.
- Select the option to apply an update from ADB.
- On stock recovery (green dead Android on the screen), select to apply ‘update from ADB’. For this, you guys can swipe up and down to move the highlight to get to this option, and then just swipe to the right to choose the option.
- Now on TWRP recovery, simply click on Advanced > ‘ADB sideload’
- On CWM, click on ‘Install zip from sideload’
- You have to install the OTA update. For this, just run the following command.
adb sideload 360-5.1.1-update.zip
- The Moto 360 Android 5.1.1 update will be transferred and also installed and your smartwatch will Moto 360 will automatically reboot thereafter as well.
How to Download Moto 360 Android Update 5.1.1
It seems there’s also a way easier method to get Android 5.1 OTA on your Moto 360. Without even using the ADB sideload option that is possible after some hardware modding on the watch as well. Now under this trick, you guys just have to factory reset your watch, and then repair it along with your phone before checking for an update. It actually seems to be working out for many people, so we also thought it’s worth the share. Credit goes to NetworkingPro for this, thanks!
You have to try the steps below to force update Moto 360 Android 5.1 OTA right away:
- First, factory reset your Moto 360. (This doesn’t really affect your phone, don’t worry!). For this:
- Click on Moto 360 to light it up.
- Touch one or two times on the screen’s background in order to get options.
- Then scrolls down and go to Settings. Click on it to open.
- Now, scroll down and locate the Reset device option, and then click on it to begin the reset process.
- Now, on your phone, then just do a ‘clear data’ and ‘clear cache’ of the Android Wear app. For this:
- First, open the Settings app.
- Now scroll down and locate and open the Applications/Apps option.
- You have to find the Android Wear app and tap on it.
- Click on ‘Clear data’.
- Tap on ‘Clear cache as well.
- Now pair the Moto 360 to your phone again. This is really important!
- Now, just charge your Moto 360 to at least 80%.
- You have to check for updates on your Moto 360. For this:
- Go to Settings again and scroll now and click on About.
- Now, scroll down and tap on ‘System updates’.
- Click on the ‘Check for update’ button now and it should actually start downloading the Android 5.1 OTA. The watch will install the 5.1 updates automatically, you guys just sit back and relax.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this article and also find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries and issues related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!