The Redmi Note 7 was launched for the first time in China and then it has been presented in other countries, and thanks to its Premium specifications and its affordable price is one of the most popular devices on the market. The Redmi Note 7 has a 6.3-inch FHD + notch screen and features a water drop style notch that is where the front camera for selfies is stored. The phone works thanks to a Snapdragon 660 processor, it has 3 GB of RAM and 32 GB of storage.
The smartphone comes equipped with a 48-megapixel camera on its back that is paired with a 5-megapixel depth sensor. The front camera is a 13-megapixel sensor. The phone also has a fingerprint scanner mounted on the back and an infrared gun. Its battery capacity is 4000 mAh and has support for fast charging, with Quick Charge 4. In addition, comes with Android 9.0 Foot installed at the factory, which makes it very attractive. If you already have your Redmi Note 7 and want to root it, we bring you a step-by-step guide.
How to install TWRP on the Xiaomi Redmi Note 7?
Before accessing the root of an Android device it is convenient to install a recovery tool, something essential for anyone who wants to modify their Android device. TWRP provides users with all kinds of excellent tools, and that’s why if you want to install a mod on your Android this is the best tool possible. The first thing to do is download TWRP for the device, which you can find in several secure sources. There are two different methods to install TWRP recovery. Before starting, you will have to enable USB debugging on your device.
To enable USB debugging, go to Settings > Options of Developer > Debugging USB.
You just have to follow these steps to install TWRP on your device.
- Open the folder where your TWRP recovery .img file is saved.
- Then open a CMD window inside that folder. To do that, Shift + right-click on any blank space inside the folder and then select Open command window here.
- Connect your Android device to the PC. Type the following in the command window to start your device in bootloader / fastboot mode: adb reboot bootloader
- Once the device boots in boot loader mode, type this in the command line: fastboot flash recovery twrp-2.8.xx-xxx.img
- Congratulations! TWRP has been successfully installed on your device, type this final command to restart your device: fastboot reboot
Once installed, you can start rooting your Xiaomi Redmi Note 7.
Recommended: How to root and install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi 9
How to root Redmi Note 7?
These are the steps to access the root of your Redmi Note 7.
- First of all, get Supersu for Root Redmi Note 7.
- Paste the zip file into your device’s memory.
- Rename the file to zip.
- Turn off your Xiaomi Redmi Note 7.
- Start the device in TWRP recovery mode.
- To start in recovery mode, you must press the Upload volume + Power button together or the Upload volume + Power + Start button.
- Do not release the keys until the smartphone starts up in recovery mode.
- You will see many options. First, click on Wipe.
- Now choose Wipe Cache
- Touch Install.
- Choose the Update file .zip.
Before starting this process, make sure you have at least 70% battery in your device so that it does not turn off unexpectedly during the process, and we recommend you also make a previous backup of all your files.