A custom recovery gives you a chance to do wondrous things on your Android phone like rooting, installing custom ROMs, play with MODs, nandroid reinforcements and various other cool things. Also, starting today, there’s no custom recovery superior to TWRP for Android devices, and the Asus Zenfone 2 just got official help for it.
TeamWin, the maintainer of TWRP, yesterday included authority support for TWRP recovery for the Zenfone 2 on its website and the recovery is now accessible for anybody to download. The TWRP form remains at 18.104.22.168 for the Zenfone 2 at the present time, which isn’t the most recent (22.214.171.124) however that is alright, there’s nothing moving about the 126.96.36.199 discharge at any rate.
To install TWRP recovery you’ll need to open the bootloader on your Zenfone 2 first.
Install TWRP Recovery on Zenfone 2 and Root
- Configure ADB and Fastboot on your PC.
- Open bootloader on your Zenfone 2.
- Download the Zenfone 2 TWRP recovery .img file from the download link above on your PC.
- Now open an order window inside the folder where your TWRP recovery .img file is spared. To do that, “Shift + Right snap” on any vacant void area inside the folder and after that select “Open direction window here” from the setting menu.
- Connect your Zenfone 2 to the PC, ensure USB troubleshooting is empowered from Developer alternatives.
- Boot your Zenfone 2 into Bootloader mode using the order underneath:
- adb reboot bootloader
- When your Zenfone 2 boots into bootloader mode, issue the accompanying direction to flash TWRP recovery picture:
- fastboot flash recovery twrp-188.8.131.52-fhd.img
- Reboot your phone using the accompanying order:
- fastboot reboot
There’s nothing more to it. TWRP recovery should now be installed on your Zenfone 2.
How to boot into Zenfone 2 Recovery Mode?
- Power off your phone.
- Press and hold “Power + Volume Up” buttons together and discharge the Power buttons when your Zenfone 2 vibrates.
- Your Zenfone 2 will demonstrate to you an alternative to either “Typical boot” or “Recovery boot” on the screen. Use Volume buttons to explore between these alternatives and select “Recovery boot” using the Power button.
- Your phone will boot into TWRP recovery.
How to Root Zenfone 2 using TWRP Recovery
- Now that you’ve TWRP installed on your Zenfone 2, you can without much of a stretch root the device using Chainfire’s SuperSU .compress file. Download it from the link beneath and essentially flash it by means of TWRP.
- Download SuperSU v2.49
- Transfer the SuperSU v2.49 .compress file to your Zenfone 2.
- Boot into TWRP recovery.
- Select Install from the primary menu, select the SuperSU .compress file and Flash it.
That is it. Your Zenfone 2 ought to be rooted now, you may use this root checker app from Play Store to verify root get to.