Well, Google has finally released the Android 7.1.1 Nougat update officially for the supported Nexus devices as well as Pixel phones too. The update was first launched as a developer preview for select Nexus phones and also Pixel C tablets. Thankfully, that is rooting Android 7.1.1 remains the same as the Android 7.0 Nougat update. All you gotta do is flash the SuperSU zip or Magisk through TWRP recovery and you’ll have root upon boot. In this article, we are going to talk about How to Root Android 7.1.1 with SuperSU and TWRP. Let’s begin!
While flashing SuperSU is still the easiest way in order to get root. It’s really important to note that Magisk has also gained popularity lately due to its ability to switch off root on the fly whenever it is needed. This gets really handy when you guys want to use an app or service that doesn’t even work on rooted devices, such as Android Pay and Pokémon Go as well.
We’ve put together step-by-step guides in order to install both SuperSU and Magisk to get root on Android 7.1.1 Nougat. However, note that you’ll need TWRP recovery installed on your device to be able to install or flash either of the files. Below are links in order to install TWRP recovery on Android devices. That supports Fastboot flashing and (another link) for Samsung Galaxy devices that need Odin PC software to flash/install TWRP recovery.
When you guys have TWRP recovery installed, get started along with the rooting method of your preference.
How to Root Android 7.1.1 with SuperSU and TWRP
- You have to download and transfer the SuperSU zip file from the download link above to your device’s storage.
- Then boot your device into TWRP recovery.
- Click on Install and select the SuperSU zip file that you guys transferred to your device in Step 1.
- After you choose the .zip file, do Swipe in order to Confirm Flash on the bottom of the screen to begin the flashing process.
- When SuperSU is flashed, you’ll get the Reboot System option, and choose it.
Congratulations! Your device should be rooted now. Then look for the SuperSU app in the app drawer.
How can you Root Android 7.1.1 with Magisk, phh’s SuperUser and TWRP
- First, just install Magisk systemless interface on your Android device.
- Then download and transfer the phh’s SuperUser .zip file to your device.
- You have to boot your device into TWRP recovery, click on the Install button, and flash the phh’s SuperUser .zip file from there.
- Once phh’s SuperUser .zip file is flashed, then just reboot your device.
- Download or Install phh’s SuperUser app from the Play Store.
- Now you have to install the Magisk Manager .apk file (download link above) to your device like you’d install any other APK file.
└ Magisk manager app will also be useful when you temporarily want to turn off root access on the device to be able to use Android Pay, Play Pokémon Go, etc.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this article and also find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries and issues related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!