LG V20 (All Variant) was basically launched in the year September 2016. The smartphone came out of the box with Android 7.0 Nougat. Recently this device has received the official TWRP recovery support. So, on this page, we will also guide you in order to install the TWRP Recovery on LG V20. This guide contains both the written instruction and video tutorials to help you install it instantly. Make sure to download the files required. In this article, we are going to talk about How to Root LG V20 Sprint and TWRP Recovery. Let’s begin!
Keep in mind that before heading over to the process, you guys will have to unlock the device bootloader at first. As the smartphone OEMs give a locked bootloader to their devices due to some security concerns. In order to install any third-party file, you will have to unlock the bootloader. Then you will be capable to install TWRP Custom Recovery on your LG V20 device and also root as well. The TWRP Recovery can also take Nandroid backups, restore, wipe out system/data/cache, and much more.
TWRP Recovery and its Benefits
Team Win Recovery Project is basically an open-source software custom recovery image for Android-based devices. It gives a touchscreen-enabled interface that permits users to install third-party firmware and back up the current system which is functions mostly unsupported via stock recovery images. – WikiPedia
Advantages of TWRP Recovery:
- You can flash Custom ROM on LG V20 via TWRP
- You can also flash modding zip files in order to customize your phone
- Easy to flash and use Xposed Modules via TWRP
- Easy to Root and Unroot via TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- You can also install Magisk on LG V20
- Really easy to Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP Recovery.
- Easy access in order to restore the Nandroid Backup.
- You can flash the image file via TWRP Recovery on LG V20
- Easy to delete all bloatware using TWRP Recovery on LG V20.
- In order to underclock and overclock.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data as well.
How to Root LG V20 Sprint and TWRP Recovery
Before going to the TWRP installation process, just make sure to follow all the pre-requirements mentioned below properly.
- The file and guide are also supported for the LG V20 (All Variant) model only. Just don’t try it on other devices.
- LG V20 bootloader should also be unlocked.
- A PC or Laptop and a USB cable are required for this process as well.
- Also, make sure to take a Full Backup of Device Data (No Root).
- Charge your device battery to full.
- You have to download All Required Files:
TWRP Recovery Details
|File Name||TWRP Recovery|
|Version||V3.4.0 and Higher|
|Download Link||Download (AT&T – h910)Download (T-Mobile – h918)
Download (Global – h990)
Download (Sprint – ls997)
Download (US Unlocked – us996)
Download (Verizon – vs995)
ADB and Fastboot Tool
After downloading all the required files, drivers, and tools, follow the installation process.
- First of all, turn on the Developer Options and USB Debugging mode on your device.
- Head over to the device Settings > System > About Phone > then click on the Build Number seven times to enable Developer options mode.
- Now, head to the Developer options in the Settings menu and turn on the toggle to turn on USB debugging.
- Next, just open the ADB & Fastboot folder on your computer. Then tap and hold the Shift key and right mouse click in order to open the command window.
- Turn off your device > Press and hold the Volume Up + Power button together for a few seconds in order to enter into Fastboot mode.
- Connect your device along with the PC via a USB cable and type the following code on the command windows and then click on enter:
adb reboot bootloader
- Now, your device is connected successfully as a fast boot device.
- You have to type the following command and hit enter in order to check the fast boot device connected or not:
- Now, in order to install TWRP Recovery on your phone, you have to type the following command and press enter:
fastboot flash recovery twrpname.img
- To just boot, you guys can use the command fastboot boot twrpname.img
- That’s just it. You’ve successfully installed the TWRP Recovery on the LG V20 device. Now, you have to flash the Root as well.
What is Root?
Smartphone Rooting is basically the unofficial way to turn on an administrator or superuser access to your device system and subsystem. Therefore, the user can easily tweak, change, edit, or also delete system files and apps easily.
Along with the help of rooting, you can uninstall bloatware, increase device performance, decrease battery draining, install Xposed modules, and much more. But, smartphone rooting will void the device warranty and you may not get software OTA updates anymore. An improper way of rooting can also brick your device easily. Hence, make sure to follow the guide properly.
The advantage of Rooting:
- You can get access to all files on your LG V20, also even the files present in the root directory of your phone.
- You can also increase the performance of your LG V20 through overclocking.
- With rooting you can increase battery life via underclocking LG V20.
- You can uninstall Bloatware on LG V20.
- You can also block Ads on any Android applications such as Youtube and other game-related applications.
- By Rooting LG V20, you can View, Edit, or also Delete any system file inside the root directory.
- You can install the Xposed Framework and many Xposed module support as well.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this “root LG v20 sprint” article and also find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries and issues related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!