Ascend Mate 2, was a highly-range Android smartphone by Huawei. That was released in 2014. The phone originally came with JellyBean 4.3 out-of-the-box and at most supported Android Lollipop 5.1. But currently, Cyanogen does not accept this fate and has recently released CyanogenMod 13 ROM for the Ascend Mate 2. So, you can enjoy the good taste of Android Marshmallow on Huawei Ascend Mate 2 (Model: MT2L03). In thi9s article, we are going to talk about Huawei Ascend Mate 2 Update to Marshmallow. Let’s begin!
The Mate 2 is a 4G that is capable of Android smartphones bearing powerful hardware of its time. Consisting of Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 chipset, along with a Quad-core CPU clocked at 1.6 GHz, Adreno 305 graphics unit, 16 GB internal storage, 2 GB RAM, 13 MP camera, and also Bluetooth 4.0 LE module. Along with USB Host functionality. You can see the full spec-sheet at GSMArena.
The first nightly came out yesterday, so there are no bugs reported yet. However, some bugs are expected, since this is the initial stage. CyanogenMod is a ROM, that is known for its features, and stability so doesn’t doubt on using it. Also, for now on, the CM13 is the only way to upgrade your Mate 2 to the latest Android update. And as long as the hardware configuration is concerned, the phone is definitely worth updating.
Before You Begin that
- Make sure to take a complete backup of your storage, SMS, contacts, apps, etc.
- Also, Charge your Ascend Mate 2 to at least 60% battery life. So that the device does not breathe out of battery throughout the process.
- You also should have TWRP installed on your Huawei Ascend Mate 2. If you do not have it yet, look here.
- CyanogenMod 13 for Huawei Ascend Mate 2:
- GApps: Link
Install Marshmallow on Ascend Mate 2
- First, download the CM13 ROM for Ascend Mate 2 and the 6.0 Gapps package..
- Now, connect your phone to the PC by using a USB cable. And, then transfer the ROM (e.g. cm-13.0-20160127-NIGHTLY-mt2.zip) and GApps zip to the storage.
- Disconnect your phone and then power it off completely.
- Now, press and hold the Volume Up and Power button in order to boot into TWRP recovery mode on Mate 2.
- On the TWRP main screen, you have to go to Wipe > Advanced Wipe.
- Select the Dalvik Cache, Data, System, and Cache checkboxes. Now, swipe the button on the bottom of the removed screen to start the wiping process. This will merely take a few seconds.
- Once the selected partitions have cleared. Click on Install. Navigate the storage and then select the ROM zip from where you placed it before.
- When the ROM has been selected, then click on Add More Zips. And this time, select the GApps zip.
- Now that both the files have been lined up, swipe the button on the bottom to start the flashing process.
- The flashing process might take a few minutes, at most.
- When you do that, you can select the Reboot System.
The process was really simple and would install Android Marshmallow on Huawei Ascend Mate 2, within a matter of minutes. When the phone has booted, complete the start-up set up and then begin using CyanogenMod 13.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this Huawei ascend mate 2 updates to marshmallow article and find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!