An Apple Developer account basically grants you access to two things. Development tools from Apple, and the ability in order to upload apps to the App Store or the Mac App Store. It’s really common knowledge that in order to get an Apple Developer account, you guys need to pay an annual $100 fee. However, this is needed only if you need to upload an app to one of Apple’s stores. If you are looking to access the myriad of tools that Apple has for developers, then a free account will do the trick actually. In this article, we are going to talk about Is Apple Developer Account Free – Sign Up. Let’s begin!
If you want to create a free Apple developer account. Then you need only use your regular Apple ID to sign in to the Apple Developer portal actually
Apple Developer account
You guys have to visit this link in your browser. You can do this on any device, it does not necessarily have to be an Apple device actually. Tap on the Account option at the top right and then sign in with your Apple account.
Well, that’s really all that is needed. When you sign in, then it will take you to Apple’s Developer portal where you guys can access documentation and tools to develop iOS and macOS apps. You also get access to developer forums where you guys can talk to and seek help from other developers too.
Well, if you scroll a little further down, you will there see a ‘Join the Apple Developer Program’, message. When you are ready to distribute your apps, tap on this message.
The next page will show you the advantages of joining the developer program, go through them if you want, or just press the Enroll button at the top. You have to follow the on-screen instructions until you arrive at the page in order to buy a subscription. Buy it if you are ready to distribute your app actually. You should know that the purchase can take more than two days or 48 hours to complete. So do not leave this to the last minute before app distribution actually.
If you guys are looking for a way to distribute apps to either the App Store or the Mac App Store along with the free Apple Developer account, that is not possible. A free account grants you access to the tools, documentation, and forums, nothing else than that.
Apple basically lets you sign up as an individual or as a company as well. There does not seem to be an option that basically offers students a discounted rate for a developer account. You will need the paid version in order to update your app but you do not need it to continue distribution as well. Many developers end up abandoning their apps however, the apps, while out-dated, are still available in their respective stores actually.
Create an Apple developer account
- First, visit developer.apple.com
- Tap on Member Center.
- Then sign in with your Apple ID.
- If you already have an Apple ID, then you will just need to agree to Apple’s Developer Agreement in order to turn it into a free developer account. Then type in your Apple ID and click Sign In.
- If you guys do not already have an Apple ID, then you will need to create one first. Tap on Create Apple ID, and fill out the needed information, and tap on Continue. You will then need to sign in with the Apple ID that you just created, and head back to the Member Center.
- Now on the Apple Developer Agreement page, press the first checkbox in order to accept the agreement and press the Submit button.
Sign in with Xcode
- First, download Xcode from the Mac App Store.
- Then open Xcode.
- Tap Xcode → Preferences → Accounts and press the ‘+’ sign and select Add Apple ID.
- Now log in with the Apple ID that you just turned on with free developer privileges.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this article and also find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries and issues related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!