If you guys are facing the error message “NVIDIA Display settings are not available” actually. Then this means that you’re not currently using the monitor as well as the display that is attached to an NVIDIA GPU. So if you guys are not using the display attached to Nvidia. Then it makes sense that you will not be able to access Nvidia Display settings as well. In this article, we are going to talk about How to Fix NVIDIA Display Settings that Are Not Available. let’s begin!
The NVIDIA display settings not being available is a really common problem and there can be a lot of reasons behind it. This is like your display is connected to the wrong port, there may also be a driver problem, as well. However, what if you guys are using the display that is attached to Nvidia GPU and still facing the above error message now? Well, in that case, you have to troubleshoot the issue and fix the underlying cause in order to completely resolve the issue actually.
- 1 Fix NVIDIA Display Settings Are Not Available Error
Fix NVIDIA Display Settings Are Not Available Error
- Now just navigate to the following directories:
C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\
C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\
- You need to delete any file under the above two folders.
- Just reboot your system in order to save changes and again download the setup.
- Again run the NVIDIA installer and then this time choose “Custom” and then checkmark “Perform a clean installation.”
- When you are sure that you guys have removed everything, try installing the drivers again and then check if you’re able to fix the NVIDIA Display settings are not an available issue.
Update Graphics Card Drivers
If the Nvidia Graphics drivers are actually corrupted, outdated as well as incompatible. Then Windows will actually fail to detect the NVIDIA hardware and you guys will end up seeing the error message. Whenever you update Windows as well as install a third-party app then it can corrupt the video drivers of your system actually. If you face issues like NVIDIA Display settings are not really available, NVIDIA Control Panel Not Opening, NVIDIA Drivers Constantly Crash, as well. Then you may also have to update your graphics card drivers in order to fix the underlying cause.
Restart Several Nvidia Services | NVIDIA Display Settings
There are a lot of NVIDIA services running on your system that manage the NVIDIA display drivers and make sure smooth functioning of the Display drivers. These services are basically a middleman between the NVIDIA hardware and the operating system. And if these services are actually stopped via third-party software. Then the computer might fail in order to detect the NVIDIA display hardware which can also cause the NVIDIA display settings are not an available problem as well.
So in order to fix the problem, you have to make sure the NVIDIA services are running. In order to check if Nvidia services are running or not, you need to follow the below steps:
- Tap on Windows Key + R and then type services.msc and click on Enter.
- Now you guys find the following NVIDIA services:
1. NVIDIA Display Container LS
2. NVIDIA LocalSystem Container
3. NVIDIA NetworkService Container
4. NVIDIA Telemetry Container
- You need to right-click on NVIDIA Display Container LS and then select Properties.
- Tap on Stop and then select Automatic from Startup type drop-down. Now, wait for a few minutes then again tap on the Start button in order to start the particular service.
- You need to repeat steps 3 & 4 for all the many other remaining services of NVIDIA.
- When finished, tap on Apply followed via OK in order to save the changes.
When you have made sure the Nvidia services are up and then running. You need to check if you are still getting the error message “NVIDIA Display settings are not available”.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this article and also find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries and issues related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!