Despite the fact that Facebook (now Meta) is constantly in the world’s top five most popular social networks, many users are still not aware of all the opportunities that are at their disposal on this wonderful platform. A whole group of developers who focus on user needs is working on improving the technical functions. Thus, one of the most common innovations relates to user security and privacy requirements. However, there are other settings at your disposal that we will help you figure out – from quickly finding the right people to converting videos on Facebook to mp4.
Checklist – how to use FB like a pro
I’m sure you didn’t even suspect that any content on this social network can not only be watched, commented and reposted, but also downloaded for offline viewing. Although the platform settings officially do not allow this, there are many free and available services that make this task easier.
- Save videos. Let’s say you liked some video clip, and you want to save it to your smartphone or computer to watch later when you don’t have access to the Internet. Open the post in a browser and copy the link in the address bar to your clipboard. After that, open the Inflact website and download video Facebook. A couple of seconds and voilà! The desired file is already saved on your device. It seems that nothing is easier!
- Identify strangers. If you receive a call from an unknown number, just type it into the search bar on Facebook. Thanks to the ability to find people by phone number, you will quickly understand the current situation. By the way, if you wish, you yourself can make life easier for people who are interested in you – just change the privacy settings.
- Become invisible. Sometimes we all want to hide from the rest of the world, even communicating with close friends can be a burden. And in this case, Facebook gives you the option to hide completely so that no one sees your “online” status.
To do this, click on the gear-shaped sign next to the list of friends and select “Advanced settings”.
- Create bookmarks. Sometimes the notification flashed in the news feed can turn out to be very interesting or even meaningful, but it’s impossible to get acquainted with it right here and now. Or you later wanted to show the post to a friend. Then you just need to click on “Save Link” (the arrow sign in the upper right corner of the post), after which you will have a new bookmark in the “Saved” section.
- Hide information. Want to conceal a new post from a specific person? Just go to the advanced settings when publishing a post and click on “Available to everyone” – the social network will offer to choose the degree of visibility of the publication.
How to become popular on Facebook?
To increase the reach of a page, especially if it is your store or business, you need to put in a lot of effort.
Share three other people’s posts that reflect your interests. After that, more publications on this topic will get into your feed. If you love kittens, you will see more posts about kittens, if you like all sorts of gadgets, there will be more posts about gadgets. Write five of your own posts on the same topic. Then there will be even more similar posts in your feed.
Turn off as many privacy settings as possible. Allow people to follow your profile, not just add you as a friend. Then publish a few posts, and you will see that your audience has expanded significantly. Don’t worry, you’ll still be able to post content that only your friends can see. You can set privacy for each post separately.
Check the relevance of your biography and make it available to everyone. This will make it easier for colleagues and friends to find you. Add everyone to your Close Friends or Acquaintances lists. This will noticeably improve the quality of your news feed. But do not forget that you will receive a lot of notifications from close friends.
Remove people who do not post or comment from friends. This is necessary because Facebook algorithms first show your post to a few people and analyze reactions. If your friends don’t like, share, comment, and don’t post anything themselves, it will show up on your profile. Don’t forget to be active. Like, comment, and share other people’s posts. This is how Facebook learns to recognize what you like to see in your feed. The main thing is not to stop halfway. Be trendy and follow the news.