UC Browser actually has proved to be a viable alternative for the users who don’t really get along with Google Chrome. That comes pre-installed on your device. UC browser actually has become immensely famous over the past few years and gives certain exceptional features. Those are unavailable on Google Chrome as well as any other mainstream browser. So, apart from that, the browsing and downloading speeds in UC Browser are quite fast whenever compared to the pre-installed browser as well. In this article, we are going to talk about How Can You Fix UC Browser Common Issues. Let’s begin!
The above facts do not really mean that the UC browser is perfect, i.e. it comes along with its own set of flaws and problems as well. Users have been facing issues regarding downloads, random freezes as well as crashes. UC Browser running out of space, not being able to connect to the internet as well. Among many other issues. However, don’t worry in this article we will discuss a lot of UC browser issues and how you can fix them.
How Can You Fix UC Browser Common Issues
Random freezes and crashes
Another really common problem is the abrupt closing of the UC Browser application on Android devices as well. There have been a lot of issues reported regarding sudden crashes, especially for the users who haven’t updated the app to the latest version as well. This keeps happening from time to time, and also even though this issue has fix in the current version, then it is better to resolve it once and for all as well.
Solution 1: Clear app cache and data
- You have to open Settings on your device and then head to Apps or Application Manager.
- Now navigate to UC Browser under all apps.
- Click on Storage under app details.
- Click on Clear Cache as well.
- Just open the app and if the problem persists, then choose Clear all data/Clear storage.
Make sure all necessary permissions are enabled
- You have to open Settings and head over to the apps/application manager.
- Now, you have to scroll down to “UC Browser” and then just open it.
- Choose App Permissions.
- Next, enable permissions for the camera, location, and also storage if it’s not already enabled.
UC Browser not being able to connect to the internet | UC Browser Common Issues
The features of a web browser are only recognized as long as it is connected to a stable internet connection as well. A web browser is actually useless if there is actually no internet connection. Obviously, cause there is absolutely no access to anything that the Browser ceases to give. Also, UC Browser may also run into some network-related issues from time to time as well. Here’s how you can resolve those once and for all.
Solution 1: Restart the device
One of the most basic and preferable solutions, in order to put everything back in place regarding any issues in the device, is restarting or rebooting the phone. You can do this via pressing and holding the “power” button and choosing “restart”. This will basically take a minute or two to rely on the phone and mostly fixes quite a few of the problems.
Turn on Airplane mode and turn it off
The Airplane mode on smartphones disables all wireless and cellular connections as well. Basically, you guys cannot perform any functions that need an internet connection. Also, you will not be able to make or receive calls and messages as well.
- Just pull down the notification panel and then toggle the Airplane mode on (flight symbol).
- You can please wait for a couple of minutes and then turn off the Airplane mode.
Reset Network Settings
Resetting the Network Settings completely resets all the Wireless Settings to default and also deletes paired Bluetooth devices and SSID’s.
- Just head to the Settings of your phone.
- Now, tap on the System tab.
- Tap on the Reset button.
- Now, choose Reset Network Settings.
- You guys will now receive a warning as to what are the things that are going to reset. Tap on the “Reset Network Settings” option.
- Now, just connect to the Wi-Fi network and then try to use Messenger and see if it still shows the same error message or not as well.
Error while downloading files and documents
One of the most common issues that actually have been reported via a lot of UC Browser users is actually regarding downloads, i.e. The downloads stop suddenly, and also even though it can be resumed whenever that happens, there are a few instances where the download actually has to be restarted from the beginning. This basically causes frustration among users due to the loss of data.
Solution: Disable Battery Optimization
- You have to open settings and head over to Application Manager or Apps.
- Just scroll down to “UC Browser” and click on it.
- Now navigate to “Battery Saver” and choose No Restrictions.
For devices running stock android:
- Head over to the Application Manager that is under settings.
- Select Special app access that is under “Advanced”.
- You have to open Battery Optimization and choose UC Browser.
- Just choose Don’t optimize.
Out of Space error | UC Browser Common Issues
So, browser apps on Android are mainly used for downloading different multimedia files. But, none of these files can be downloaded if there is actually no space left. The default download location for UC Browser is actually the external SD card because of which there is a possibility that the “out of space” error pops up. In order to resolve this issue, the download location must be changed back to internal memory as well.
- You have to open UC Browser.
- Click on the navigation bar located at the bottom and just open “Settings”.
- Next, click on the Download Settings option.
- Click on the Default Path that is under Download Settings and now change the download location.
Keep in mind that in order to save the files to the internal memory. We also recommend you to create a folder named “UCDownloads” first now.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this article and also find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries and issues related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!