If you guys are facing Error 0x8e5e0147 then this means there are some DLL files that are either corrupted as well as outdated that are causing conflict along with the Windows Updates. You guys will face this error whenever trying to Update your Windows to the latest definition update as well. Also, there is no alternative way in order to install updates no matter what you do. However, your update will be stuck and you have no other option in order to close it as well as reboot your PC. In this article, we are going to talk about How to Fix the Update Error 0x8e5e0147 in Windows. Let’s begin!
Now Windows updates are really important for keeping your system up to date, also it actually patches Windows for security vulnerability. However, if you’re unable to update Windows then it’s actually a major issue. So without now wasting any further time let’s see how you can actually Fix Windows 10 Update Error 0x8e5e0147 along with the help of the below-listed guide.
How to Fix Update Error 0x8e5e0147 in Windows
Rename SoftwareDistribution Folder
- Tap on Windows Key + X then chooses Command Prompt (Admin).
- Now type the following commands in order to stop Windows Update Services and then click on Enter after each one:
1. net stop wuauserv
2. net stop cryptSvc
3. net stop bits
4. net stop msiserver
- Now, you need to type the following command in order to rename SoftwareDistribution Folder and then hit Enter:
ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 catroot2.old
- At last, type the following command in order to start Windows Update Services and click on Enter after each one:
1. net start wuauserv
2. net start cryptSvc
3. net start bits
4. net start msiserver
- Now, you need to reboot your PC to save changes and then check if you are able to Fix Windows 10 Update Error 0x8e5e0147.
Temporarily Disable Antivirus and Firewall | Update Error 0x8e5e0147
- You need to right-click on the Antivirus Program icon from the system tray and select Disable.
- Next, just choose the time frame for which the Antivirus will remain disabled.
Note: Select the smallest amount of time possible such as 15 minutes as well as 30 minutes.
- When you do that, again try to run Windows Update and then check if the error resolves or not.
- Tap on Windows Key + X and then choose Control Panel.
- Next, you need to tap on System and Security.
- Then tap on Windows Firewall.
- Now from the left window pane, just tap on Turn Windows Firewall on or off.
- Choose Turn off Windows Firewall and restart your PC. Again try to open Update Windows and see if you guys are able to Fix Windows 10 Update Error 0x8e5e0147.
If the above method doesn’t really work make sure to follow the exact same steps in order to turn on your Firewall again.
Run Windows Update Troubleshooter
- Now type “troubleshooting” in the Windows Search bar and tap on Troubleshooting.
- Then, from the left window pane choose View all.
- Now from the Troubleshoot computer problems list choose Windows Update.
- You have to follow on-screen instructions and now let the Windows Update Troubleshoot run.
- Just restart your PC and you may be able to Fix Windows 10 Update Error 0x8e5e0147.
Run .BAT File to Re-register DLL files | Update Error 0x8e5e0147
- You have to open the Notepad file and then copy and paste the following code as it is:
net stop cryptsvc net stop wuauserv ren %windir%\system32\catroot2 catroot2.old ren %windir%\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old regsvr32 comcat.dll /s Regsvr32 Msxml.dll /s Regsvr32 Msxml2.dll /s proxycfg -u Regsvr32 Msxml3.dll /s regsvr32 shdoc401.dll /s regsvr32 cdm.dll /s regsvr32 softpub.dll /s regsvr32 wintrust.dll /s regsvr32 initpki.dll /s regsvr32 dssenh.dll /s regsvr32 rsaenh.dll /s regsvr32 gpkcsp.dll /s regsvr32 sccbase.dll /s regsvr32 slbcsp.dll /s regsvr32 mssip32.dll /s regsvr32 cryptdlg.dll /s regsvr32 wucltui.dll /s regsvr32 shdoc401.dll /i /s regsvr32 dssenh.dll /s regsvr32 rsaenh.dll /s regsvr32 gpkcsp.dll /s regsvr32 sccbase.dll /s regsvr32 slbcsp.dll /s regsvr32 asctrls.ocx /s regsvr32 wintrust.dll /s regsvr32 initpki.dll /s regsvr32 softpub.dll /s regsvr32 oleaut32.dll /s regsvr32 shdocvw.dll /I /s regsvr32 shdocvw.dll /s regsvr32 browseui.dll /s regsvr32 browseui.dll /I /s regsvr32 msrating.dll /s regsvr32 mlang.dll /s regsvr32 hlink.dll /s regsvr32 mshtmled.dll /s regsvr32 urlmon.dll /s regsvr32 plugin.ocx /s regsvr32 sendmail.dll /s regsvr32 scrobj.dll /s regsvr32 mmefxe.ocx /s regsvr32 corpol.dll /s regsvr32 jscript.dll /s regsvr32 msxml.dll /s regsvr32 imgutil.dll /s regsvr32 thumbvw.dll /s regsvr32 cryptext.dll /s regsvr32 rsabase.dll /s regsvr32 inseng.dll /s regsvr32 iesetup.dll /i /s regsvr32 cryptdlg.dll /s regsvr32 actxprxy.dll /s regsvr32 dispex.dll /s regsvr32 occache.dll /s regsvr32 occache.dll /i /s regsvr32 iepeers.dll /s regsvr32 urlmon.dll /i /s regsvr32 cdfview.dll /s regsvr32 webcheck.dll /s regsvr32 mobsync.dll /s regsvr32 pngfilt.dll /s regsvr32 licmgr10.dll /s regsvr32 icmfilter.dll /s regsvr32 hhctrl.ocx /s regsvr32 inetcfg.dll /s regsvr32 tdc.ocx /s regsvr32 MSR2C.DLL /s regsvr32 msident.dll /s regsvr32 msieftp.dll /s regsvr32 xmsconf.ocx /s regsvr32 ils.dll /s regsvr32 msoeacct.dll /s regsvr32 inetcomm.dll /s regsvr32 msdxm.ocx /s regsvr32 dxmasf.dll /s regsvr32 l3codecx.ax /s regsvr32 acelpdec.ax /s regsvr32 mpg4ds32.ax /s regsvr32 voxmsdec.ax /s regsvr32 danim.dll /s regsvr32 Daxctle.ocx /s regsvr32 lmrt.dll /s regsvr32 datime.dll /s regsvr32 dxtrans.dll /s regsvr32 dxtmsft.dll /s regsvr32 WEBPOST.DLL /s regsvr32 WPWIZDLL.DLL /s regsvr32 POSTWPP.DLL /s regsvr32 CRSWPP.DLL /s regsvr32 FTPWPP.DLL /s regsvr32 FPWPP.DLL /s regsvr32 WUAPI.DLL /s regsvr32 wups2.dll /S regsvr32 WUAUENG.DLL /s regsvr32 ATL.DLL /s regsvr32 WUCLTUI.DLL /s regsvr32 WUPS.DLL /s regsvr32 WUWEB.DLL /s regsvr32 wshom.ocx /s regsvr32 wshext.dll /s regsvr32 vbscript.dll /s regsvr32 scrrun.dll mstinit.exe /setup /s regsvr32 msnsspc.dll /SspcCreateSspiReg /s regsvr32 msapsspc.dll /SspcCreateSspiReg /s proxycfg –d sc sdset wuauserv D:(A;;CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC;;;SY)(A;;CCDCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO;;;BA)(A;;CCLCSWLOCRRC;; ;AU)(A;;CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC;;;PU) regsvr32 mshtml.dll /s net start cryptsvc net start wuauserv
- Then click on File and then choose Save As.
- Now from the Save as type drop-down and choose “All Files” and navigate to where you guys want to save the file.
- Just name the file as fix_update.bat (.bat extension is really important) and then tap on Save.
- Just right-click on the fix_update.bat file and then choose Run as Administrator.
- This will basically restore and register your DLL files fixing the Windows Update Error 0x8E5E0147 as well.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this article and also find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries and issues related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!