India is home to a wealth of outstanding content, but streaming it abroad poses something of a challenge. Today, we share a few tips to help you get your Bollywood fix from any country. Our central strategy is to use a VPN in conjunction along with a variety of services–we tell all below. In this article, we are going to talk about How to Watch Indian Channels on Kodi – Tutorial. Let’s begin!
There are a lot of ways that you can watch Indian TV whenever you’re in India, from satellite to cable to online streaming. However, what about when you’re outside India? If you’re travelling or living outside of India and you guys still want to watch Indian TV channels, and then what can you do?
Websites To Watch Indian TV | watch Indian channels
There are quite a few different website that you guys can use to watch Indian TV. You can also get access to channels such as Zee TV, SET, Star Plus, Aapka Colors, LifeOK, TV Asia, Set MAX, SAB, NDTV 24×7, Times Now, Aaj Tak, and much more. There are also frequently sales and also offers on Dish packs, so keep your eye on the website and you guys could save some cash.
Use a VPN
An issue with some of these sites, such as HelloTV, is that they need you to be in India in order for them to work. If you try to visit the site and then load a video from another country. And then you’ll see an error message saying that your region is not supported as well.
So what are you to do if you are abroad and you still want to use these services in order to watch Indian TV? Fortunately there is also a way to make this work, via using a VPN. A VPN is a small piece of software that you install onto your computer or any other device, and which encrypts all of the data that your device sends over the internet. This encrypted data is then sent to a server in a location of your choice, and where it is decrypted and sent on its way to its original destination as well.
The useful thing about this is that you can select to send your data via a server in India. This way, it appears to websites like if you are browsing from India, even if you are actually located elsewhere. If you want to use one of these websites when you are travelling or living abroad. Then you just have to open up your VPN and connect to a server in India. Now, you’ll be able to visit these websites and stream content as if you were in India actually.
- Unblocks US Netflix
- Fastest servers we have tested
- Torrenting/P2P allowed
- Strict no-logging policy
- Great support (24/7 chat).
- Month-to-month plan has high cost.
ExpressVPN is actually a top-rated VPN thanks to its good security, along with strong 256-bit encryption and no logging policy. The large server network covers up to 3000 servers in 94 different countries. So you’ll have a lot of options. The software is available for a range of platforms also including Windows, Mac OS, Linux, iOS, Android, and much more. There’s also a 30-day money-back guarantee along with no questions asked, so you guys can try the service risk free.
- Bypass government censorship along with NoBorders mode
- Every server is actually a specialty server
- Clean, dead-simple app interface makes constant security a no-brainer as well
- Logging policy independently audited and verified as well
- Refund requests are really simple and fast–no waiting or hassle.
- Connection speeds won’t impress the users of other high-end VPNs
- Apps may be really simplistic for power users.
Surfshark is actually an impressive VPN, especially considering it’s only been around for a few years as well. Their network has already swollen to epic proportions, encompassing up to 3,200 servers in 65 countries along with India well-represented. Surfshark uses 256-AES-GCM via OpenVPN, IKEv2/IPSec, or WireGuard, providing you multiple options for tunneling via harsh Internet restrictions. Camouflage obfuscation and NoBorders anti-censorship methods also round out the unblocking prowess of this highly capable VPN. Protect each and every device you own along with a single subscription or share along with a friend thanks to unlimited simultaneous connections.
- Highly affordable plans
- GooglePlay users rating: 4.3/5.0
- Strong security features
- No logs and encrypted connections for total privacy as well
- 30-day money back guarantee.
- Not much
- Apps can actually be a bit cumbersome to use.
NordVPN is actually the world’s most robust VPN, and a great choice to unblock Indian TV abroad. Along with dozens of secure servers located throughout India. It’s really easy to spoof a local IP address and watch hours of video content from back home as well. Your connection comes secured via unbreakable NordLynx encryption. A new, proprietary protocol based on WireGuard and hyper-tuned for speed also. That means no buffering or lag–even whenever streaming in HD.
VPN protection from NordVPN also means ISPs can’t track. Throttle or block your connection whenever streaming. Even websites like Netflix, infamous for its proxy ban, are powerless to stop you. Well, thanks to SmartPlay smart DNS functionality built into each and every server. Stream in confidence along with NordVPN’s independently audited no-logging policy in your corner as well.
Watch Indian TV With Add-ons For Kodi
If you don’t fancy shelling out for a paid TV streaming service in order to watch Indian TV. Then luckily we have some free options that you guys can use instead. We’ll show you these methods via the Kodi media centre software. Kodi is actually a free and open source media player that can organize and show all of your media files. However, it can do much more than that too: through installing extra small programs called add-ons. You can extend the functionality of the software in all sorts of ways as well.
We’re now going to show you a selection of add-ons that you can use for streaming Indian TV and much other content such as movies too. Best of all, they work from anywhere in the world, so you guys can use them to watch Indian content if you’re based in India or somewhere else as well. These add-ons permit you to watch content both live and on demand, and all are available for free of cost. Read on for instructions on how you can install and use these add-ons in order to watch Indian TV on Kodi.
Our Favorite Add-on For Indian TV
Now that you have a VPN set up and you are being protected, now we can move on to instructions for istalling add-ons and also streaming Indian TV. Here are our favourite Kodi add-ons for that actually:
Einthusan | watch Indian channels
Another really great add-on for watching Indian TV is Einthusan, that has a whole lot of content which is hard to find elsewhere. The content is sorted into language categories, and so it’s easy to find a show or channel in the language that you prefer as well. We’ll show you how you can install this add-on from the Humla repository.
Here’s how you can install Einthusan:
- Begin on your Kodi home page
- Tap on the Settings icon then looks like a cog
- Head to File Manager
- Tap on Add source
- You’ll also find a box that says Add files source. Click on <None>
- Then type this URL into the box: https://fusion.tvaddons.co. Make sure that you guys don’t forget the https:// or then it won’t work
- Provide the source a name: in this case we’ll call it fusion
- Tap on the OK button
- Head back to your Kodi home page
- Tap on Add-ons
- Then click on the icon that looks like an open box
- Tap on Install from zip file
- Head to fusion, then to kodi-repos, and then to international, then find a file called nepalese-repository.humla-1.0.5.zip and tap on it
- Now wait for the notification in order to say that the repository has been installed
- Now choose Install from the repository
- Head to humla Add-on Repository
- Choose Video add-ons
- Select Einthusan as well
- This will basically open up a page about the add-on. Select Install from the menu at the bottom
- Now wait until the notification appears in order to say that the add-on has been installed
And here’s how you use the Einthusan add-on:
- First, start at your Kodi home screen
- Head to Add-ons
- Then go to Video add-ons
- You have to find Einthusan and click it
- Choose your language, from the options of Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, Kannada, Bengali, Marathi, or Punjabi as well
- Now you’ll also see options for A-Z, Years, Recent, Featured, and Search. Navigate to the category that you guys want
- Whenever you find a file you guys want to watch, click on the title and the stream will start as well
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this “watch Indian channels” article and also find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries and issues related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!