If you guys are not able to access an Application along with the built-in Admin account. Then this is due to a security feature that actually restricts access to highly privileged accounts such as the Local Administrator. In order to protect the operating system from the harmful actions of users as well. In this article, we are going to talk about Windows 10 Can’t be Opened Using the Built-in Administrator Account. Let’s begin!
This app can’t open.
Microsoft Edge can’t be opened using the Built-in Administrator account. Sign in with a different account and try again.
If you guys are facing this annoying warning where you can’t really access any app on your system. Then you have to follow the below troubleshooting guide which would really fix the issue.
Windows 10 Can’t be Opened Using the Built-in Administrator Account
Change User Account Control Settings
- First of all, you have to tap on Windows Key + X and then choose Control Panel.
- Choose User Accounts and then click again on User Accounts.
- Now, just tap on “Change User Account Control settings“ as well.
- Set the Slider to the 2nd option from the top.
- Tap on Ok and then close everything and Reboot your PC in order to save changes. This would basically Fix App can’t open using a Built-in Administrator Account.
Turn on Admin Approval Mode for the Built-in Administrator Account | Windows 10 Can’t be Opened
- First, tap on Windows Key + R and then type secpol.msc and hit Enter.
- Now navigate to Security Settings > Local Policies > Security Options.
- Now double tap on User Account Control Admin Approval Mode for the Built-in Administrator account in the right pane window in order to open its settings.
- Just make sure the policy is Enable and then tap on Apply followed via OK.
- Now just restart your PC in order to save changes as well.
Run System File Checker (SFC) and also Check Disk (CHKDSK)
- Tap on Windows Key + X and then tap on Command Prompt(Admin).
- Now, you have to type the following in the cmd and then click on enter:
Sfc /scannow sfc /scannow /offbootdir=c:\ /offwindir=c:\windows
- Just wait for the above process in order to finish and when you do it, then restart your PC.
- Next, you have to run CHKDSK.
- Now let the above process complete and then again reboot your PC in order to save changes.
Reset Windows Store cache | Windows 10 Can’t be Opened
Tap on Windows Key + R and then type “Wsreset.exe” and click on enter.
When you finish the process, then restart your PC. Then this would clean Windows Store Cache and could Fix App can’t open via Built-in Administrator Account.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this article and also find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries and issues related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!