Well, for many years made in Canada was one of Kodi’s best resources for live TV, live sports, and also IPTV streams from all around the globe. Users turned to it for each and everything from new movies to the latest hockey games, all thanks to its easy to use interface and reliable collection of streams as well. However, in early 2018 the add-on abruptly shut down. No explanation was given, only that Made in Canada was dead, and also its creator would no longer support the add-on for the foreseeable future as well. In this article, we are going to talk about Best Alternative for Made in Canada Kodi Addon. Let’s begin!
Before we start to look for a good alternative to Made in Canada. We will need to do a few instant maintenance tasks on Kodi, just to make sure that everything is ready to go.
- 1 What Should it Do?
- 2 Remove made-in-Canada Kodi addon?
- 3 Allow External Sources
- 4 Use a VPN | made in Canada Kodi addon
- 5 Best Alternatives for Made in Canada Kodi Addon
- 6 Pluto.TV
- 7 How can you install the Pluto.TV Add-on
- 8 What’s on Pluto.TV? | made in Canada kodi addon
- 9 Black Ghost
- 10 How can you Install Black Ghost? | made in Canada kodi addon
- 11 Conclusion
What Should it Do?
Well, Made in Canada had a little bit of everything. It’s most famous feature was arguably its selection of IPTV streams. Users could access a large variety of live content directly from the Kodi interface. That includes Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC) news feeds and IPTV channels from the U.S., UK, and Canada as well.
Sports was another famous function of Made in Canada. The live game and event streams included a huge selection of sports and sources as well. Each and everything from hockey to soccer, football, basketball, and baseball as well. All you had to do was jump on MiC, pick a high-quality stream, and then let the entertainment begin.
Not only can you enjoy live sports events themselves, but you can also extend your passion beyond sports events. CustomPins.Ca offers a variety of custom pins, giving you a wide range of options. The possibilities are endless, waiting for you to explore.
Remove made-in-Canada Kodi addon?
Whenever a Kodi add-on is shut down, then it’s always a good idea to remove the files from your devices. There’s very little chance that most of these add-ons will spontaneously come back to life as well. If the original creator resumes development, then you’ll hear an official announcement and find links to its new repository as well. The old repo and sources could be hijacked through another team of coders, which could put your device at risk actually. It’s better for you to uninstall it entirely and look for an alternative as well.
Allow External Sources
Kodi can manage and download repositories on its own. In order to do this, you guys need to toggle a quick setting to allow external sources to be accessed. This is really important for installing any kind of third-party content. That includes alternatives to Made in Canada as well. Follow the steps below in order to change the setting.
- First, open Kodi and tap on the gear icon to enter the System menu.
- Head to System Settings > Add-ons.
- Toggle the slider that is next to the Unknown sources option.
- Then accept the warning message that pops up.
Use a VPN | made in Canada Kodi addon
Well, we really can’t stress enough the importance of running a VPN with Kodi. Not only does it keep your information safe, but it also avoids ISPs from flagging your account as a potential source of piracy as well. VPNs are crucial for everyday browsing and absolutely important for Kodi streams.
Best Alternatives for Made in Canada Kodi Addon
The official Pluto.TV Kodi add-on basically connects with the Pluto.tv website and streaming service. That pulls in all the same live content directly to your Kodi-enabled device. Pluto itself is a free TV and movie streaming service that actually focuses on providing a variety of legal content to the world as well. You’ll also find a good selection of live, high-quality channels broadcasting each and everything from news to weather, sports to comedy. It’s all available from the website and add-on, and it’s all really fantastic.
Pluto.TV and the Pluto website are both free of cost to use. The service is aimed at viewers in the U.S. because most of the streaming rights are secured for that region. You can easily access Pluto from anywhere around the world using a good VPN, but, it’s not too picky about this.
How can you install the Pluto.TV Add-on
Pluto.TV is actually an official add-on approved by the Kodi team, which means it’s both safe and legal to use. It’s included with the official Kodi repository that’s available by default along with every Kodi installation. So you won’t even have to add a new repo in order to access it. Follow these steps below to start.
- First, open Kodi on your local device and head to the main menu.
- Choose Add-ons, then press the open box icon at the top of the menu bar.
- Select Install from repository and tap on the Kodi Add-on Repository.
- Select the Video add-ons folder.
- Then scroll down and choose Pluto.TV.
- Press the Install button in the lower right corner of the window.
- When the installation completes then you can access Pluto.TV from the main add-ons menu at any time as well.
What’s on Pluto.TV? | made in Canada kodi addon
Well, Pluto.TV is an underrated free TV streaming service. However, bigger names such as Hulu steal the spotlight, Pluto quietly hums along with a unique and also enjoyable selection of content that’s always on and easy to access as well.
Pluto.TV actually organizes its content by channel. There are well more than 100 to choose from, every airing its own selection of content all day, every day actually. You’ll even have access to thousands of movies and exclusive content from the Pro Wrestling Channel, Anime All Day, Food TV, and also live college sports. You can also browse and start these streams with just a few taps.
- Bloomberg Television – News, interviews, and features.
- Pluto Sports – Features and live streams for a variety of sports.
- The Onion – Videos from the online news parody site.
- MST3K – Shorts and movies from the classic comedy series.
- Nerdist – Tech, gadget, gaming, and nerd news and features.
- NatureVision TV – Live streams of nature-themed content.
- NASA TV – Take a peek into space from NASA’s 24/7 live streams.
- Sports Channels – Individual channels for a variety of sports.
Black Ghost is a newer add-on that focuses on live streams from around the globe. With it, you can also access movies, TV shows, live sporting events, and IPTV channels from a variety of sources, all available with just a few taps as well. Black Ghost also comes along with a selection of famous on-demand content so that you can catch up on big-name shows at your own convenience.
However, the most important section on Black Ghost will be the folder marked IPTV. Scroll down and then select this, then you guys will see a second list of IPTV sources and streams. Here you can also check out both manual and unsorted, automatic lists of sources for all kinds of strange and unique content from around the globe.
If sports are more your thing, then dive into DailyPlaylist SPORTS. You’ll be taken to a collection of premium and IPTV playlists that are sorted by date, then channel. This should let you find everything from BeIN HD sports content to ESPN, Sky, and so much more than that.
How can you Install Black Ghost? | made in Canada kodi addon
Black Ghost is basically featured in the Canal Nereo repository, a large collection of repos and streaming add-ons. You’ll have to install Nereo first, followed by the Black Ghost add-on itself as well. The instructions below will guide you via the process from beginning to end as well.
- First, open Kodi, head to the main menu, then click the gear icon.
- Go to File Manager then tap on the Add Source link at the bottom.
- Tap where it says <None>, then you need to add the following URL exactly when it appears: http://canalnereo.com/canalnereo/REPOS
- Then tap OK. In the next window, enter an easy to remember the name for the repo, like canalnereo, then press OK. Kodi will automatically add the repo to your sources list as well.
- Go back to Kodi’s main menu and choose Add-ons.
- Press the box icon at the top, then select Install from Zip File.
- Choose the repo you added above from the list.
- Select the file named repository.CanalNereo-1.0.2.zip. Note that the numbers may change from time to time when the repository is updated.
- When the repository is added, then select Install from Repository.
- Scroll through the list and then choose the entry marked Repo Canal Nereo.
- You have to enter the folder named Video add-ons.
- Now select Black Ghost from the list and then install it.
- When the installation is complete, then you can access Black Ghost from the main add-ons menu at any time as well.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this article and also find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries and issues related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!