The online multiplayer game genre basically has its own separate fanbase. And, in the recent past, it has seen tremendous growth in players as well. One of the famous games of this genre is Destiny 2, which actually came out back in 2017 and is still a popular title among the masses as well. This first-person shooter game is developed via Bungie, and it was initially released for the two gaming consoles, Play Station 4 and Xbox One actually. In 2017 and later on, saw the release for Microsoft Windows too. Destiny 2 is also now also available on Google Stadia. In this article, we are going to talk about Destiny 2 Won’t Launch on PC – How to Fix
In this game, you guys have to play the role of a Guardian (protector) and you have to go all out in protecting the last city on Earth from the wrath of aliens. Recently, the PC version of the game has been reported to have surfaced an issue where the users are unable to open the game. If you are also facing it, then you are not alone in this battle actually. Fortunately, through this post, we will provide you a fix and guide you on how you can fix Destiny 2 won’t open a problem along with the help of this troubleshooting guide. With that being said, if this has gotten you intrigued, then let us take a look at the article itself actually:
Destiny 2 Won’t Launch on PC – How to Fix
Well, it can be really frustrating that your favorite game just does not let you play the game, and it won’t open in the first place. If your Destiny 2 PC game is also going through the same problem, then one of the first things that you guys can do is. Just to make sure that your PC ticks all the minimum requirements to run the Destiny 2 game. Here are the minimum system requirements that you need to have to play this game as well:
Destiny 2: Minimum PC requirements
|Operating System||Windows 7, 8, or Windows 10 64-bit|
|Processor||Intel Core i3 3250 3.5 GHz / AMD FX-4350 4.2 GHz|
|Graphics||NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 2GB / AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB|
|Memory||6 GB RAM|
|Storage||104GB Free Space|
|Network||Broadband Internet connection|
If you guys meet the above requirements on your PC and are still not able to open the Destiny 2 PC game. Then, below are the 5 methods that you guys can try out in order to fix this issue.
Run As Administrator
There are many games that need certain admin privileges and some files on your PC in order to run perfectly on your PC. And this might be one of the reasons why Destiny 2 is not launching on your PC. To run the game as admin:
- Just right-click on the Destiny 2 game desktop icon and choose Properties.
- Head over to the Compatibility tab and then click on Run this program as an administrator.
- Tap on Apply and press OK in order to save the changes.
- Try to relaunch the game and then see if this trick helps.
Game conflicts such as Destiny 2 won’t launch can also happen if your PC is having old or outdated drivers installed actually. One of the main things is basically to keep check is having the graphics card driver updated. Here is how you guys can check and update the drivers on your PC updated:
- Tap on Win+X keys on your Keyboard.
- Choose Device Manager.
- Then select the device that you want to update and right-click on it and then choose Update Driver.
- It is better to let Windows automatically search for the updated drivers, if available actually.
- If Windows could not find the latest drivers, then you can always visit the graphics manufacturer website and update it from there as well.
End Unnecessary Programs
There is always a scenario where other software basically causes conflict and refrains the other program in order to run properly. In these types of cases, the best bet is just to close all the programs and try to open the game. In order to end unnecessary programs, you guys can follow the steps below:
- Tap on the Ctrl+Shift+Del buttons on your keyboard simultaneously.
- Task Manager will then open.
- Now under the Processes tab, end all the unnecessary programs as well.
- Right-tap on the resource-consuming process and choose End task.
- Note that you guys should not end any processes that are important to run Windows properly.
Install Latest Windows Updates
A bug present on the previous version of Windows OS can also be one of the reasons that why the Destiny 2 PC game is not opening. So, it is always advised that you keep your Windows OS updated whenever a new update is available as well. In order to update your copy of Windows OS actually:
- First of all, just press the Windows key on your Keyboard.
- Then type in windows update and hit enter.
- Tap on Check for updates.
- Windows will now automatically check for any updates available or not.
- If there is a new update available, then just click on Install Now.
- Restart your PC when the installation is complete.
- Now try to relaunch your Destiny 2 PC game and see if it helps or not.
Reinstall the Game or Steam
If none of the above fixes work for you, then it is better to try and reinstall the game and also the steam launcher itself. And then see if that is the culprit behind the Destiny 2 won’t launch issue. In order to do that:
- First of all, open Steam.
- Tap on Library.
- Right-click on Destiny 2 and then choose Uninstall.
- Tap on Delete.
- Download and install Destiny 2 once again as well.
If re-installing Destiny 2 doesn’t help then, you can also try to uninstall the Steam launcher and then reinstalling it.
- Just head over to the download location of the Steam launcher.
- Copy the steam apps folder and then paste it somewhere else as a backup.
- Just open Control Panel.
- Now choose the Uninstall a program option.
- Right-tap on Steam and uninstall it.
- When the deletion is complete, then just download the Steam launcher again and install it.
- Then just paste the copied steam apps folder.
- See if this trick helps you or not.
So, there you guys have it from my side in this post. I hope you guys liked this post and were able to open the Destiny 2 PC game without even any issue through following the above-suggested methods and tricks in order to fix the issue. Let us know in the comments below which of the above-mentioned tips worked out for you or also let us know if you guys have some other method that you would like to share. That helped to run the Destiny 2 PC game without even any issues.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this article and also find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries and issues related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!