Motorola Moto E5 Plus (codename: Hannah) was launched in the year May 2018 as well. The smartphone came out of the box along with Android 8.0 Oreo. Recently this device has also received the official TWRP recovery support. So, on this page, we will guide you in order to install the TWRP Recovery on Moto E5 Plus. This guide also contains both the written instruction and video tutorial in order to help you install it instantly. Make sure to download the files required and then jump straight into instruction on how you can install TWRP Recovery and Root your Moto E5 Plus. In this article, we are going to talk about How to Root Moto E5 Plus – Install TWRP Recovery. Let’s begin!
Keep in mind that before heading over to the process that you will have to unlock the device bootloader at first. As the smartphone OEMs give a locked bootloader to their devices because of some security concerns. In order to install any third-party file, you guys will have to unlock the bootloader. Then you will be capable to install TWRP Custom Recovery on your Moto E5 Plus device and also root as well. The TWRP Recovery can also take Nandroid backups, restore, clean out system/data/cache, and much more.
TWRP Recovery and its Benefit
Team Win Recovery Project is basically an open-source software custom recovery image for Android-based devices. It gives a touchscreen-enabled interface that permits users to install third-party firmware and back up the current system. That is functions mostly unsupported via stock recovery images. – WikiPedia
Benefits of TWRP Recovery:
- You can flash Custom ROM on Moto E5 Plus via TWRP
- You guys can flash modding zip files in order to customize your phone
- Easy to flash and use Xposed Modules via TWRP
- Easy to Root and Unroot through TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- You guys can install Magisk on Moto E5 Plus
- Really easy to Create and Restore Nandroid Backup via TWRP Recovery.
- Easy access in order to restore the Nandroid Backup.
- You can flash the image file via TWRP Recovery on Moto E5 Plus
- Easy to delete all bloatware via TWRP Recovery on Moto E5 Plus.
- In order, to underclock and overclock.
- You guys can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data.
How to Root Moto E5 Plus – Install TWRP Recovery
Before going to the TWRP installation process, you have to make sure to follow all the pre-requirements mentioned below properly.
- The file and guide are supported for the Moto E5 Plus (hannah) model only actually. Just don’t try it on other devices.
- Moto E5 Plus bootloader should be unlocked as well.
- A PC or Laptop and a USB cable are required for this process actually.
- Also, make sure to take a Full Backup of Device Data (No Root).
- You can charge your device battery to full.
- Now download All Required Files:
TWRP Recovery Details
|File Name||TWRP Recovery|
|Version||V3.4.0 and Higher|
Method: ADB and Fastboot Tool
After you download all the required files, drivers, and tools, then follow the installation process.
- First of all, turn on the Developer Options and USB Debugging mode on your device.
- Head over to the device Settings > System > About Phone > then click on the Build Number seven times. In order to enable Developer options mode.
- Now, head to the Developer options in the Settings menu and turn on the toggle to turn on USB debugging.
- Next, open the ADB & Fastboot folder on your PC. Then press and hold the Shift key and right mouse tap on in order to open the command window.
- Turn off your device > tap on and then hold the Volume Up + Power button together for a few seconds in order to enter into Fastboot mode.
- Connect your device with the PC via a USB cable and then type the following code on the command windows and tap enter:
adb reboot bootloader
- Now, your device is connected successfully as a fast boot device actually.
- Type the following command and hit enter in order to check the fastboot device connected or not:
- Now, in order to install TWRP Recovery on your phone, just type the following command and press enter:
fastboot flash recovery twrpname.img
- To just boot, you guys can use the command fastboot boot twrpname.img
- That’s it. You’ve now successfully installed the TWRP Recovery on the Moto E5 Plus device. Now, you have to flash the Root.
What is Root?
Smartphone Rooting is the unofficial way in order to enable an administrator or superuser access to your device system and subsystem. Thus, the user can easily tweak, change, edit, or delete system files and apps easily.
With the help of rooting, you guys can uninstall bloatware, increase device performance, reduce battery draining, install Xposed modules, and much more. But, smartphone rooting will void the device warranty and you guys may not get software OTA updates anymore. An improper way of rooting can also brick your device easily. Hence, make sure to follow the guide properly.
The advantage of Rooting:
- You can get access to all files on your Moto E5 Plus, also even the files present in the root directory of your phone.
- You guys can increase the performance of your Moto E5 Plus via overclocking.
- Through rooting, you guys can increase battery life via underclocking Moto E5 Plus.
- Uninstall Bloatware on Moto E5 Plus as well.
- You can block Ads on any Android applications like Youtube and many other game-related applications.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this article and also find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries and issues related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!