There are multiple image formats on our devices. In today’s tutorial, we will teach in a simple way how to convert an image from one format to another. Follow the guide to convert images like PNG and TIFF files to JPG on Mac.
Undoubtedly one of the most common image formats is JPEG. There is a very simple way to transform an image with PNG, TIFF format to JPEG format.
For this, we only need the built-in Mac application, Preview, and then follow a few simple steps.
How to convert PNG and TIFF images to JPG on Mac
- First of all, we must open the image we want to convert with the preview app on the Mac. In most cases, this is the form that appears as the default.
- In the upper left corner, click on File and then click on duplicate.
- Then we have the option to change the name of the new file or leave the one that appears as default (just add “copy” to the original).
- Close the window duplicate and to click on the dropdown menu next to format.
- In this menu, we will select the JPEG option, and then we will only have to save.
- That’s all. After having followed these previous steps correctly we should have corrected the JPG version of any image.
As with any other file, be it photo or document, we can change the name without a problem. In addition to being able to establish your site in our different folders.
Despite these steps, there are several applications that make this and many other format changes, however, this tutorial is quite simple and fast and it avoids us having to download any type of Applications.
See More:Apple is sued for swollen Apple Watch batteries