When you guys install Office, the crucial background service named Office source Engine should then ready to run. If this service is not starting, then you won’t be able to progress further along with the office setup. In this article, we are going to talk about Office Ran into a Problem Because it System Service is Disabled. Let’s begin!
Recently, we actually faced a strange error during Office 2016 installation on a Windows 10 running machine actually. This error was directly related to the office root service that was later found to be disabled on the device as well. Have a look at the complete error message received in this case:
Something went wrong
Sorry, Office ran into a problem because its system service is disabled. Please ensure the Office system service can run, then try again.
Error Code: 30068-4 (1058)
No matter, if you guys are making a clean install or upgrading your Office installation. This service-relates issue may occur in both of these cases. Thus, you have to check the corresponding service and fix it. So that you guys can go ahead on installation. Here are the steps that you guys can follow to get rid of this message actually:
Office Ran into a Problem Because it System Service is Disabled
Fix Office Background Service
- Tap on the Windows + R and type services.msc in the Run dialog box. Then click on Enter key in order to open Services snap-in.
- Then in the Services window, and scroll down and then look for Office Source Engine service and check its status. Because you guys are facing this issue, you may find the service is Disable stage. Double-tap on the service to open its property sheet actually.
- Now in the Properties window, you guys have to set the service Startup type to Manual or Automatic. You guys may also tap on the Start button in order to check if the service can run. Just tap on Apply, and then OK. Close Services window and re-try to install Office 2016, it should work on actually.
Register Office Validator | Office Ran into a Problem
- Tap on Windows + R in order to open the Run dialog box.
- In Run, just type regsvr32 Officevalidator.dll and tap OK or click on the Enter key. The problem should now resolve. If the issue still persists, then you can try to create a new user account and check.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this “Office Ran into a Problem” article and also find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries and issues related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!