Do you want to root and install TWRP recovery on Lg Stylo 2? If you have an Lg Stylo 2 smartphone, Now you can then install or download TWRP Recovery on Lg Stylo 2 mobile. To install or download TWRP Recovery on Lg Stylo 2s, your mobile must have an unlocked bootloader. Follow the guide below on how to install or download unofficial TWRP Recovery on Lg Stylo 2 mobile. The method given below is only for Lg Stylo 2, So you don’t try this on any other device or any other branded mobile.
Here you’ll learn how to install the latest TWRP for Lg Stylo 2. This guide helps you to install the latest TWRP 22.214.171.124 for Lg Stylo 2. Well, the TWRP 126.96.36.199 Recovery offers a material design, so you can now install or download TWRP 3.0 for Lg Stylo 2. Download or install the TWRP Recovery 188.8.131.52 for Lg Stylo 2 today and then read the instructions below.
The rooting method is followed only after installing or downloading the TWRP Recovery on your mobile. If you want to lose the power of Android Modding, then flashing TWRP Recovery is our major concern to get all modding ability on your Lg Stylo 2. While having a TWRP on Lg Stylo 2, you can always try Kernel, Custom ROM, Xposed, Rooting, Mods, etc in few simple and easy steps. Dive down below to root and install TWRP recovery on Lg Stylo 2!
Also See: How to perform Moto Z2 Play Root-Install TWRP
What Is TWRP Recovery?
TWRP Recovery is a Custom Recovery known as TeamWin Recovery built. It has a touchscreen-enabled interface that lets users install or download third-party firmware and backup the current system. As it is often unsupported by stock recovery images.
This is a guide to Install or download new TWRP for Lg Stylo 2. Simply download the install TWRP Recovery on Lg Stylo 2 and then move to the below steps. Well, this is an unofficial TWRP Recovery for Lg Stylo 2 from TWRP Team. If you install or download any Custom Recovery on Lg Stylo 2. Then try to install or download Custom Mods, Custom ROM, Custom Kernels, or any zip file like Xposed.
Before doing the pROCEDURE, KEEP IN MIND By doing this you’ll loose the DEVICE warranty and IF YOU do something wrong IT can brick your device. That won’t happen IF you follow EVERY stepS carefully.
If you want to install or download TWRP Recovery or any Custom Recovery on Lg Stylo 2, you must have an Unlocked Bootloader. If your mobile doesn’t have an Unlocked Bootloader, all you have to do is to unlock the bootloader of your mobile. Dive down below to root and install TWRP recovery on Lg Stylo 2!
TWRP Recovery Pros:
- You can also flash Custom ROM with TWRP Recovery
- Flast modding zip files to customize your mobile device
- Use Xposed Modules easily
- Easy to Unroot or Root via TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- You can also take FULL NANDROID Backup in case of any flashing or modding.
- You can easily restore or recover the Nandroid Backup.
- Flash the image file via TWRP Recovery.
- Can erase all bloatware through TWRP Recovery.
- You can Wipe Data and Cache.
Also See: How to Flash Custom ROM on Rooted Android Devices
Install & Root TWRP Recovery On Lg Stylo 2: Pre-Requisite
Here are the pre-requisites to install TWRP recovery on Lg Stylo 2:
- You need either a PC or a Laptop.
- Charge your phone to at least 50% to 60%.
- Back up your mobile device just in case if you want it later.
- You want to unlock Bootloader first.
- Download Minimal ADB Tool:
- Version 1.4.3 (Latest): Download Here | Portable Version
- V 1.4.2: Click Here
- Version 1.4.1: Download Here| Portable Version
- V 1.4: Click Here
- Version 1.3.1: Download Here
- V 1.3: Click Here
- Version 1.2: Download Here
- V 1.1.3: Click Here
- Download the Full ADB setup: Download
- Download TWRP Recovery: Link
Steps To Root & Install TWRP Recovery
Follow the steps to root and install TWRP recovery on LG Stylo 2:
- Install or download Minimal ADB Tool or download the Full ADB setup for Mac or Windows here.
- You need to turn on the Developer Option
- To turn on the Developer Option, head over to your Settings -> About Phone -> Now click on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you view a message saying “Developer option enabled“
- Now you want to turn on the OEM Unlock by moving to Settings -> Developer Option and Enable OEM Unlock
- Download or install the Minimal ADB or Full ADB Zip and then unzip it on your PC.
- Switch off your phone, now boot your mobile into Bootloader by hitting Volume Up + Power Button together. Now you will then view a fast boot/bootloader
- Now head over to the folder where you have unzipped the ADB and Fastboot Tools
- Connect your phone to the PC via USB Cable. You can then open a command prompt window by hitting Shift Key + Right Mouse Click.
- Now turn your mobile into bootloader -> Switch off your mobile. Then hit and Hold Power and Volume UP button. After this, you’ll then view Fastboot mode – or else, you can input the command if your device is in ADB mode. (mobile should be enabled and connected to a computer via USB Cable.)
adb reboot bootloader
- If you are booted into fast boot, input the command below in the CMD screen.
- The command will list all connected devices. Also, if you see a mobile serial number then you are good to go and then continue. If the mobile is NOT listed this shows that your cables or drivers are not installed properly.
- To flash the recovery, Input the command
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Now if it displays the command like this then reboot your mobile device. TWRP has installed successfully. Enjoy.
- If you want to Reboot Into RECOVERY, Switch off your. Then hit VOLUME UP + POWER BUTTON simultaneously to enter recovery.
Warning: Simply use the [volume down + power] buttons simultaneously just to boot into TWRP after flash. Don’t try to use it after that as it will void your device whenever you try to use the combination of buttons again to boot into TWRP after the first time. Here are two methods to boot into TWRP after the first boot:
- Use this app [root is required]: Link
- Also, use adb command type [ adb reboot recovery ] in the adb terminal to boot into TWRP
I hope you can now successfully install the TWRP recovery on LG Stylo 2!
Turn Off Forced Encryption & Root It!
- In TWRP, head over to Wipe > Format Data. Type the keyword ‘yes‘, in the specified space and enter. As it’ll clear the automatically encrypted filesystem, and decrypt it.
- When the wiping is done, again reboot into recovery. Head over to Reboot > Recovery.
- When the recovery again boots, plug your mobile into the system and turn on MTP under the Mount section.
- Move the downloaded ‘no-verity-opt-encrypt-2.1.zip’ and ‘SR1-SuperSU-v2.78-SR1-20160915123031.zip to EXTSD or internal storage
- Unplug your device.
- Click on Install. Now, head over to your mobile storage and choose ‘no-verity-opt-encrypt-2.1.zip’. At last swipe the ‘Swipe to confirm Flash’ button located under the screen.
- However, the flashing process takes a few seconds. And once done, follow the same procedure to flash the root package – SR1-SuperSU-v2.78-SR1-20160915123031.zip.
Also See: How To Download Framaroot Apk – Root/Unroot Android
Rooting Via TWRP Recovery
Follow the steps to root Lg Stylo 2 via TWRP recovery:
- Download or install the SuperSU to root your mobile device: Link 1, L 2, Link 3
- Now shift the SuperSu zip file to the root of your mobile internal memory
- However, boot your mobile into recovery by hitting the “Volume Down + Power” button combo.
- In TWRP Recovery, tap the INSTALL menu and simply browse and choose the SuperSu Zip
- Now Swipe to install or download SuperSu
- Now root must be working properly.
- To verify, head over to Google Play and install the Root Checker app to check the root status. In case if the root checker application says root access available then enjoy you’ve root on your mobile Lg Stylo 2.
I hope you can now understand how to install TWRP Recovery on Lg Stylo 2. Is this article helpful? Do you know any other alternative method to install it? Share your thoughts with us in the comment down the section below.
Leave a Reply